April 2023 - Is there a thread for people going during this time?

We will overlap HS on the 24th!

I’m sure we’ll see you in the lines. With Rockin Roller Coaster down, there’s not a lot of E tickets left?to choose from.

Making my reservations on the 21st of Feb. will update on success rate. 2:45 am Pacific will be rough.

We’re going April 12 - 21st. Split stay, starting at Swan Reserve then heading to BLT. Very excited

3 Likes

Yeah that would not be happening. I guess it’s 5 AM Central? No thanks. I’ll see what’s left at 7 AM lol. I made my rough dining plan and barely have anything I need reservations for anyway.

Its not too busy that week…mostly 5 and 6

Well, not all of the Northeast. Spring break for New York schools usually coincides with Passover, which starts 4/5/23 this year, so the schools probably have off either that week or the next or some combination. Our break at a school on LI starts 4/3/23. It will be somewhat busy for sure but you have a nice long trip to get in a lot of fun. I hope you have a great trip!

2 Likes

Massachusetts is one of the only states that has a “fixed week” April break. It is always the 3rd week in April. Most states April break “floats” to Easter week. The week of April 17th will actually be one of the top weeks of the year to go to Disney…Warm weather, lower humidity, no rain, lower crowds…Other than Len, this site is one of the top calendar sites that I use…It ranks every week from 1-52 to go and the reasons why

4 Likes

Love the ranking system!

2 Likes

This is awesome!

Thank you to all that gave me tips and tricks and advice! We were able to get all the ADR’s we wanted, except Rose and Crown Fireworks. But we booked a table there at 8:00pm just in case!
We got Space 220, Ohana, Tusker House, TRex, and other easy ones.
So excited!!

2 Likes

Just rediscovered my account for this forum as we’ve just booked a trip for April 2023 (first time since 2018)!

We are staying at BC Apr 25-29 (after 2.5 days at Universal).

Current plan is ½ day AK 25th, EP/MK 26th, rest/pool 27th, HS 28th, rest/pool/late flight 29th.

3 Likes

ADR day and I happened to be up at 5AM anyway so I made my reservations. Lots available then (and now) for 60+3 and up. Space 220 lounge reservations achieved.

5 Likes

When you first started this thread, I didn’t have an April trip planned, but now I do!

April 21-24 at All-Star Movies.

Wow, so many people going this month! I wanted to see who was overlapping with my dates so I started making a list and I got carried away! It’s over in La Cava if you’re interested.

7 Likes

So this is my first time going with the park reservation system. Currently, we have selected these dates and these parks, crowd level in parentheses:
4/19: MK (5)
4/20: MK (4)
4/21: HS (8 - eeeek)
4/22: EP (7)

But TP has since updated and now it seems like it would be slightly more advantageous to do:
4/19: EP (6)
4/21: MK (4)
4/22: HS (8)

Generally, this plan would reduce one MK day by one crowd level, our EP by one crowd level, and leave HS the same.

If you total it all up, we go from 24 pts to 22. Is it worth it to make the change? How does that work with park reservations? I’m terrified of rearranging and finding out midway through that something isn’t available.

Not for a single crowd level change. Especially since the highest one - 8 at HS - is unchanged at all. You’ll hardly notice the difference if at all. I personally never consider making a change unless it’s at least 3 crowd level changes.

1 Like

Yeah that HS 8 has me super nervous, especially since RRC will be down by the time we go which will mean even less for that crowd to do. :frowning:

Remember, MK has Extended Evening Hours on Wednesday nights 4/19 in case that is a factor in your plans…Also, MK will be busier with Tron opening…If you have Park Hopper, I would leave your selections as is and utilize Early Entry and extended evening hours

I don’t think that difference is worth changing plans.

It seems like HS has been a 7-10 almost everyday. Are you going to buy G+ for HS? That will help a lot with keeping your wait times down. I was at HS on a CL8 day and my family was able to experience lots of attractions with G+.

We don’t have park hopper and we won’t be in the parks after 6ish because we have little kids.

Do the extended evening hours tend to increase the crowd levels on that day like they did pre-COVID?