AP Rates for Hotels

I just saw on UOR Lines chat that Universal told TAs that there will be no more AP rates for the foreseeable future after Feb. 17th. Has anyone else heard this? No AP rates really puts a damper on staying at the EP hotels for a good deal…

ETA: the rack rates are pretty high for my upcoming trip in April so I was hoping for AP rates to show up at some point.

1 Like

I read that too. I sent a note to my TA to see if she had heard it. This would really change my plans for February, April and June if true.

This sounds off, UOR still lists UOAP discounts on hotels on all their marketing plus on the updated 2022 pass benefits. I’ll ask around.

5 Likes

Thank you. I wondered if it was incorrect info and they are just delaying the release of the AP rates for some reason, not doing away with them.

Someone asked this question on the UOAP Facebook page and this was the “official” response:

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s not one of those situations where they continue to deny until they make the official announcement. Fingers crossed that AP discounts continue.

1 Like

Yeesh, I’ve been crunching the numbers for UOR because the Disney value for me with the current resort rates and all other factors has jumped the shark. If we did end up going this summer, so far was looking like an AP & room discount was the way to go. More fingers crossed!

3 Likes

My travel agent from MVT just got back to me and said she hasn’t heard this.

1 Like

Feb 17 is when the current package special ends so maybe discounts will be available once this expires?

1 Like

Oohhh good thought. :thinking:

Based on info and what I’ve seen I think they just haven’t released dates beyond Feb 17. I’d keep an eye on the webiste.

3 Likes

Some AP rates are available for March now, but not the premier hotels. I wonder if they are doing away with AP rates for them because of the express pass benefit. Hope not! I’ll keep looking. I need April…

1 Like

They released deluxe hotels for the end of February. I’m guessing March is just so busy with spring break they don’t need to offer it then.

1 Like

I’m sure that’s true. Fingers crossed for me end of April trip haha.

1 Like

I’m looking for May myself!

1 Like

Hmmm, guys, I agree with you, the lack of AP tariffs light on the wallet very hard. So that my vacation doesn’t turn out to be too meager, I began to look at what you can think of. And I found one interesting thing planneratheart.com timesharing. It’s very convenient and beneficial. For example, you can book a resort and then exchange it with another person for another resort (so that you can visit different places on vacation). This is really very profitable, so if you haven’t read about timesharing yet, I recommend doing it.

1 Like

I did the same thing last night! My daughter is interested in HHN anyway since she’s older so I was trying to see if an AP at universal might be an affordable option, but wondering how many trips would be necessary for it to be useful.

1 Like

Funny thing: I mentioned to my daughter (about the same age as your daughter) that I was looking into UOR prices because Disney’s had gotten very high and I thought they’d really like it there now. (Son is going to be 19.)

I thought she would be excited because we spent years reading Harry Potter together and she loves it - but she pretty much shrugged.

I don’t think she likes the idea of not being in the Disney bubble if we’re down there, especially after how much she LOVED our mostly resort trip at CSR last summer. Think I need to watch some UOR videos with her so she gets a feel for what they have.

3 Likes

The videos are a great idea. That’s what originally interested my daughter; seeing all the intense coasters back when Tim Tracker did more park videos. We did go to universal one day in 2018 (one day away from a week at WDW) but spent 90% of that day in Harry Potter areas. She loved it! But now she’s more interested in the scary stuff and the intense rides that she’d enjoy with DH. Disney has almost priced us out of going, but we too loved our stay at CSR.

1 Like

Shockingly quickly. One 4-5 day ticket equals a pass. And that is before you get a passholder hotel discount.

3 Likes