AP Rates for Hotels

Nice!!

Bumping this thread for a sec. My trip is May 12-14. Iā€™ve been stalking the website for AP hotel rates with no luck yet.

I called universal this am (and got someone on the phone immediately!) to ask just in case and he said he didnā€™t know if or when they were going to be released for my dates. He was surprised they werenā€™t there since they pop up 3 months ahead of time. He said that IF they were going to be available, then they should be loaded within the week.

His verbiage actually does have me concerned that they are scaling back AP hotel discounts. The only AP rates I am seeing when looking at other random times between then and now are for the concierge level suites for big money. While I guess that means that universal is still offering discount rates to APs, that price point is out of my range.

Iā€™ll keep you all updated but Iā€™m a bit worried my master plan to save money overall by purchasing an AP is not going to play out!

2 Likes

None are showing up for my trip in 2 months yet. Iā€™m checking every day. AP rates for rooms do sell out (and sometimes quickly) so the ones already released are probably sold out except for the very highest priced rooms. They also do not release them (usually) during the high crowd times when they can otherwise fill rooms without a discount. That said, your trip and mine do not fall during those times it seems. Hopefully we see some drop soon!

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

One thing I noticed when I start searching for AP rates for my whole stay (mock booking 2022 for 2023) and I donā€™t see them, but when I search for one night I see it, add another I see it, add another no bueno - so Iā€™m thinking it might be worth it to string together what is available at the moment and keep checking for the remaining nights, or maybe do a split stay to string together AP rates.

I also noticed thereā€™s lots of AP rates for the next couple of weeks, so keep checking!
Good luck!

6 Likes

Great tip!!

Was able to book some AP rates today. Oddly, the premium resorts are not showing any availability for standard rooms (AP rate or regular rate) for Thursday 5/12. Currently doing a split between cabana bay and RP but hoping Thursday opens up

4 Likes