AP on sale 9/8!

I think locals go on the weekend more than weekdays. I avoid weekends b/c of the local impact.

So the Pixie Pass might make sense for someone like you.

1 Like

I didn’t say it was bad. I just said they removed it.

the more sinister point of view is they’re still looking to phase out the human photographers and this could be a way to do it because demand/usage of memory maker is going to plummet since it’s now an addon.

which could be rectified now that the pixie pass excludes them?

2 Likes

Nah, I’ll be doing pirate or sorcerer, b/c I want more flexibility when family comes and I want to be able to go on a whim

3 Likes

Gotta fit in all those liner meets! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, but for locals on a budget, you have access to the parks during the summer break, the ability to go on Friday nights or after work or school is done for the day for $19 per person per month. And free parking.

1 Like

Looking at the block out calendar for Pixie and it’s price… it’s tempting. We rarely go on sat/sun, avoid all major holidays too. decisions, decisions :thinking::laughing:

all valid points :thinking:

Do you know if they’d apply the total value of tickets toward AP? Or just the value of 9/8 through remainder of my stay? We’re there through 9/12.

It’s the total value, but the pass starts the first day you used the original ticket, not the conversion date.

1 Like

I last upgraded third party tickets (Boardwalk tickets) to an AP in late 2018 and they used the Disney face value of the ticket to calculate the upgrade value. Not the cash price I paid Boardwalk with the small discount.

1 Like

Got it - that makes sense!

Question to all you DVC folk and the locals.

Looks like you’ll be able to buy AP at the same price as before but now face blackout dates at Thanksgiving and Christmas. There is no discounted Local or DVC price for the top tier AP.

Am I looking at this correctly? If so, is this a big deal for you?

Otherwise, you have to pay the full price, same as the rest of the world.

BTW. old AP pricing chart

1 Like

Kinda. In the past, I have gone the weekend of thanksgiving. I don’t like that I lose that weekend as that is a particularly sensitive timeframe for me.

Is that the big difference between the two tiers now? Incredi-pass just gets all days?

But beyond that, the blockout dates align with when I wouldn’t go to Disney anyway.

The price, as you said, didn’t move much if at all. To renew to a sorcerer’s pass, it’ll be $764 ($813.66 after tax), which is what I paid to renew my platinum pass earlier this year.

The loss of memory maker doesn’t really impact me much for my solo trips beyond I won’t get ride photos anymore (without water marks) but I honestly haven’t kept any anyway and I don’t do any magic shots or anything. But I’m pretty sure I’m an outlier when it comes to Memory Maker

Also it doesn’t list what the merch discounts are… could be 10% now vs 20.

1 Like

I’m somewhat new to the AP game.

How did they normally handle APs for future trips? I have a trip planed for Sept. of 2022 but would like to get my AP squared away as soon as I can.

Do you all think I will be able to get one on the 8th?

Thanks for any help with this :slightly_smiling_face:

I think that Gold price was $719 for a new pass (lower for renewal). You are comparing new pass costs to reduced renewal costs?

I believe the comparison to the old Gold pass is about a $200 increase?

I am at work so I haven’t kept up. It also no longer has memory maker? Is there a limit to how many APRs you can make? Are they waived for on-site stays?

5 max APRs without a resort reservation. With one, you can make reservations for every day of your stay.

2 Likes

Excellent! That is where I bought my ticket as well!

PLUS the other 5 right?

So if you’re onsite for 7 days and then are planning to come back (ostensibly, as a local) for a couple of days here and there you can make your 7 days and an additional 5

1 Like