AP on sale 9/8!

hmmm… I’ll need to see if I can get DH’s silver pass reinstated then, but I’m thinking they will just sell us a new AP version. Which is fine w/ me. I have a FL-gold and happy I get to keep the benefits of photopass etc. Or at least that’s how I understand it? I’ll figure it out. I’m more excited about being able to hold 5 pk reservations at a time :partying_face:

oh that’s a consideration

If you currently have the “now defunct” pass, the article says you get to keep all the benefits until you renew.

3 Likes

ok thanks, I just reread it and saw that too. My understanding is that the block out dates for the current AP types will hold too…??? I don’t think the photo pass is that much for an add on, I’ll pay that, but use my Military rate. In the past we got a discount

You can probably upgrade your ticket at GS if you’re still there on 9/8.

3 Likes

woohoo… I forgot about this. DH has a current military salute that is partially used that I’ll upgrade :partying_face: Less upfront cost :partying_face:

1 Like

BTW, here are the blackout dates for the three lower price passes

Disney Sorcerer Pass

Blackout for Thanksgiving weekend and two weeks at Christmas

Disney Pirate Pass

Blackout for national holidays weekends, Thanksgiving week, two weeks at Christmas, one week in March, two weeks in April.

Disney Pixie Dust Pass

Blackout for weekends, national holidays, Thanksgiving week, two weeks at Christmas, one week in March, two weeks in April.

2 Likes

Remind me…if I want to upgrade on my first day using my 6 days + PH ticket, will WDW use the actual price I paid (through 3rd party) or what it is worth?

I love how short the list of perks is.

Basically - you get to enter the parks and make park reservations :laughing:
I see also the merch discount (NBD to me) which is kind of dumb for the Sorcerer Pass as DVC gets all kinds of discounts already.

OK guys thanks for all these great perks!!!

5 Likes

when upgrading to an AP they use the price you paid but your renewal/start date will be based on the first day you used your PH ticket.

So my DH mil ticket was $350 and we activated it on July 16th. So which ever AP cost -$350 but start date of 7/16

Thank you, that helps in the cost analysis! :slight_smile:

That’s my understanding but Disney keeps changing the rules soooooo…

1 Like

ya’ some of the black out dates on the lower price APs are ridiculous no spontaneity there :laughing:

So when I am there in january for marathon, I will have a 3 day ticket. Can I apply that toward purchase of an AP? I will have at least 2 more trips and a total of 13 additional days in parks over those trips before end of FY22

2 Likes

Yup. You should be able to do that, assuming they don’t change the rules again.

1 Like

Looks like a yes

Upgrade a Ticket to an Annual Pass

Starting September 8, extend the fun by upgrading an eligible ticket into a select Annual Pass.

If you purchased an eligible theme park ticket, you can apply the entire price paid into a select Annual Pass. Eligibility rules apply.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/benefits-of-becoming-a-passholder/#drawer-card-drawerUpgrade

4 Likes

Thanks for this!

Thanks.

I don’t want to swap to room only and buy the pass now so that will be good.

Now I have to figure out what the “Savings of up to 20% on dining, merchandise and more” looks like.

That may make a dent in our dining (and souvenier) budget, depending on the reality of “up to 20%” actually is.

It’s the world “eligible” that makes me add that disclaimer about them changing the rules.

3 Likes