AP on sale 9/8!

My DH and I will be arriving on 9/25, I called yesterday to upgrade 7-day PH to AP’s. I was told my park reservations would be cancelled. We have MK for 10/1 and EP for 10/2, not losing those!

The CM said they “might” be able to help me with the upgrade and not lose the park reservations if I go to GS when we are on property.

I asked this question as I have already purchased MM and was told the cost paid for MM would be credited toward the upgrade of AP and add-on of MM.

The CM yesterday suggested to upgrade after 10/1 and I’d still get the benefit of the ticket cost applied to the AP cost. I explained I’m arriving on the 25th, I want the benefit of getting dining and merchandise discounts at the start of my stay not when I only have 3 days left. My DH suggested I call again maybe the CM I had yesterday didn’t want to do the work necessary to upgrade the AP’s and secure our park reservations. I’m debating whether I want to deal with the aggravation again today or just wait until we’re there.

NO KIDDING!

2 Likes

We are in very similar boats!! :slight_smile:

I am happy to hear that MM will be included. I may purchase it as a back up so we don’t lose any photo ops if I can’t upgrade right away.

I will be eager to hear about your experience.

We will be staying at the Poly at the beginning of our trip (9/30). Would it be best to walk over to the TTC and try to upgrade or is there somewhere else that would work better?

Unless someone else has a suggestion, I think the upgrade can be handled at any GS outside of all the parks and DS, I didn’t realize there was one located at TTC but it makes sense that there would be.

There isn’t a guest service at the TTC. You’d have to go to the one at MK to the right of the entry gate (or inside City Hall if you have an active ticket). My impression is the MK one is most likely to be busy, but if you have time when you arrive it is certainly the most convenient.

We used the one at Epcot this time and there was no wait but we arrived around 3:30 or so. Last time we used the one at the International Gateway which tends to be low traffic as well. But I think timing is everything as you can wait a while if there’s a line as the guest services tend not to be simple transactions.

Here’s the list of locations:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/guest-relations/

We’ve activated tickets at ticket booths too. I don’t know what else they can do but their lines are often much shorter than GS.

My impression is you can’t do Annual Passes anywhere but at Guest Services unfortunately. So I think to activate an AP, your choices are limited to those GS locations only unfortunately…

… and this is why I ask. :grin:

Ok. Plan is to go to MK and upgrade at GS. We will be there late afternoon so hopefully not too bad.

Just spoke with a delightful CM, she reported they have fixed the glitch that cancelled park reservations when you upgrade to AP’s over the phone but…she suggested to err on the side of caution and wait until we’re on property to upgrade since we can’t get those 10/1-2 reservations back if they were inadvertently cancelled.

We activated my DH’s AP at a Ticket booth window on 9/16/2021. We’ve activated many military tickets at the ticket booth window instead of waiting in the GS line.

Activating and upgrading are not the same.

ETA - I understand that you were replying to someone that said “activating,” but the issue being discussed is actually upgrading.

2 Likes

I’m in such a foul mood today (pain) :sob: I need to step away. Although I do appreciate the clarification. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I just wanted to make sure things didn’t get muddled. Which I’m sure is what you wanted, too. You were pointing out that you had ACTIVATED at the ticket booth. But, for anyone looking to UPGRADE, going to the ticket booth first would be wasted park time. And nobody wants that! I was just trying to bring it back to the upgrading topic at hand. Because there is a lot of confusion (probably because Disney tells their CMs nothing, and/or Disney changes their rules again and again) when it comes to upgrading and park reservations and where/when/how to do it.

2 Likes

Yes, this is important. We did our upgrade over the phone. But I will say… if there is no one in line at a ticket booth, I’d walk up and ask there first if they can upgrade… right? why not??? GS lines always seem to be horrible. Except at IG-GS… there never seems to be anyone inline there.

As long as there’s another adult in the group to hedge your bet by getting in the GS line, sure, why not?

Thanks for the clarification - my word choice of activating was a poor one for this thread…

2 Likes

lol… it’s just a question. to CM, “Can you xyz?” y/n move on. Easy Peasy. The TTC has no GS and there is no ticket booth at MK tap styles like at other parks.

1 Like

To be clear: UPGRADE happens only at Guest Services?

Have not read whole thread, but looking for clarity for myself for January

That is my understanding.

ETA - Welp, looks like I might be totally wrong here! This is what DFB and insidethemagic say:

If you are looking to do this in person, you will need to visit a theme park ticket window or at the Disney Ticket Center at Disney Springs

My apologies. In the past I thought I had read that upgrades happened at GS. Maybe that was pre-covid?

When I spoke a CM this morning, she clearly stated that ANY GS can handle the upgrade. She suggested DS but said there are GS at all parks and you can go to any of them to upgrade. Also, you can upgrade over the phone and they will apply the value of your ticket to the AP. Unfortunately for me I already have park reservations that I’m not willing to chance a glitch cancelling so we’ll have to wait until we’re there in person.

1 Like

We went to the GS at EP IG, easy peasy process to upgrade our passes to AP’s. Credit was given for the $169 MM., they did ask to see our email confirmation (might be helpful to have that) they could have verified another way but email was easiest/fastest. No issue with park reservations already booked and no issue with our third party tickets (full WDW value applied to upgrade). I hope your experience goes as smoothly as ours did!

3 Likes