AP on sale 9/8!

We upgraded DH military ticket to an AP and didn’t seem to loose any park reservations

Just finished up purchasing an AP. Bought a discounted ticket yesterday from Boardwalk Ticketing. Then purchased gift cards from Target for the 5% discount to pay for the difference. Called and waited on hold for an hour and a half. Was able to upgrade with the discounted tickets and got the value of the tickets so between that and the Target discount, saved about $90 altogether.
I hadn’t made any park reservations with the ticket (since I just bought it to get the discount ticket savings before buying the AP), so can’t speak to what would happen with those. As soon as the call was done I was able to make park reservations with the unactivated pass however.

ETA: The discounted ticket I purchased was set to start today, but my AP is not activated since I haven’t tapped into a park yet (trip next weekend). My pass says it’s eligible through 2099 which is interesting since some folks were saying their unactivated passes were showing as having a year to activate.

5 Likes

Oh man, this makes me so tempted to try it. I could save almost $600 on our 7 tickets through Boardwalk.

3 Likes

In this scenario it would be best to buy the tickets with the cheapest start date, not necessarily the dates of my trip, right? And then I have a year to activate the APs.

And if I lose this gamble, then I still have these 10 day tickets to apply at some future date, right?

2 Likes

Sounds right to me.

1 Like

I have a pass bought when they started allowing people who cancelled their pass to buy a new one with a 2099 expiry also.

1 Like

It shouldn’t make a difference what start dates you pick. It may make your initial purchase less, but you would just pay the difference when you upgrade (because the cheaper dates for the reseller are also the cheaper dates for Disney and choosing cheaper dates doesn’t change the price of the AP). Does that make sense? Instead, your goal is to find the biggest difference between the Disney price and the discount ticket seller. I went with a 10 day PH, but doing it again, I’d probably check a variety of ticket lengths to see if I could find a bigger difference than the $54 discount for my dates. I assume that the 10 day is the best deal, but there’s always a chance its not.

1 Like

I’m currently using the TP Ticket Calculator and going through day by day looking for the biggest discount. I realized that was what would be the most beneficial after my last post.

1 Like

I didn’t know you could upgrade a ticket (third party purchased) to an AP over the phone. We are upgrading during a trip around Oct 1 but I’m a little nervous to do this prior over the phone if park reservations are lost. Does anyone know if this is the case in the upgrade process for already booked park passes? I am onsite and have a hotel reservation with park passes for each day with my linked ticket.

I didn’t ask about keeping park reservations since I didn’t have them already, but hopefully someone has some experience with it soon to report back. I definitely get it, no way I would risk it personally with reservations for 10/1. This is one I’d do in person. But I’m guessing we will learn more about how it goes for others in the coming days, as opposed to just how its being reported.

1 Like

same here - quick question if you don’t mind- did they tell you when you purchased that the pass you were purchasing could was not refundable and not be upgraded? just curious- if it remains a gold pass I am extactic if when I activate next week it becomes a sorcerer I would love to add waterpark…

I have a voucher for what was a platinum pass. They didn’t tell me that it couldn’t be upgraded.

DH new AP says 2099 too. As soon as it’s activated it will say 7/16/2022

2 Likes

yup not much to upgrade there lol

1 Like

We are checking into the Poly on 9/30 and I was planning to upgrade to an AP with the PhotoPass add on.

It now looks like there is an issue that we could lose our Park Reservations on 10/1 (AK) and 10/2 (MK). The rest of the trip has availability where we need it.

I would prefer to just upgrade on 9/30 so we have the PhotoPass immediately …and can start using our discounts that evening.

So a few questions/options…

1. If I call and upgrade, can they protect my Park Reservations because we are staying on site?

2. Would I have a better chance of keeping my Park Reservations if I upgrade in person?

3. If I end up waiting to upgrade until I am in the park on 10/2…if I spring for the $169 MM package before the trip, will they add that into the equation when I upgrade to the AP w/ the PhotoPass add on?

Are there any other strategies that I am not thinking of?

It shouldn’t be this hard to give WDW more of my money.

If your staying onsite your reservations should be fine as it comes out of a different bucket (even if AP)

1 Like

This isn’t how it works at Disneyland, they have been cancelling them when you upgrade to an AP no matter if you stay onsite or not.

But this is not Disneyland. I’m pretty sure I have read on Disboards that it hasn’t been an issue at WDW.

Plus the new and old park reservation systems don’t even talk to each other. I have 8 reservations right now for the next two weeks. 3 booked prior to new reservation platform and 5 in new AP resevation platform :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My on-site WDW PRs were deleted when I upgraded.

Maybe I will call today.

My current tickets were purchased through a third party so I don’t know if they can even upgrade me over the phone.