AP on sale 9/8!

I think maybe APs have worked different in the past. The AP converts to the start day of your ticket. You do not need the 3 days for the AP. That is more about the discounted price.

1 Like

I am talking about when Memory Maker is activated, not the AP.

This will be a new process in adding the MM add on to the AP as opposed to upgrading to an AP that includes MM.

While the AP converts to the start day on your ticket, when would the MM add on? Should the guest purchase the discounted MM and use it during their stay and the cost will be added to their regular ticket price when upgrading? OR Can the guest just upgrade with the MM add on at the end of their trip and it will work like the AP and be retroactive to the begining?

This is what the Memory Maker page says on the WDW site:

Memory Maker Waiting Period
If Memory Maker is purchased at the advance purchase price, any photos taken within 3 days of (or prior to) the date Memory Maker is purchased are not included and must be purchased separately.

It really comes down to how WDW will classify the MM add on for APs. If it is like the add on for regular tickets, then it may not be retroactive to the beginning of their trip.

Yes, but MM will be an “add on” to the AP. I would assume it will act like MM did in the past when you upgraded tickets to an AP. The watermark disappeared on your photos. Actually I think one time my photos for the last year suddenly reappeared?

1 Like

Hopefully we can get answer on the MM going towards the cost. I found an older post (Jan 2020) online that seems to say no it won’t, but that they may make an exception and refund the pre-purchased MM price if asked when upgrading the annual pass.

Another question…I have reservations for the 50th, do I need to wait until that trip to upgrade on the last day so I don’t lose park reservations. Or can I purchase the AP and activate it the last day of the trip?

I am there starting 9/30, but if I can keep my “resort” category park reservations we should be okay. Hopefully we will know more about how that works in the next few weeks.

This makes sense.

Isn’t it a shame they couldn’t have provided all of these answers with the rollout of information?? It’s almost like they didn’t think of everything :thinking:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Just got off the phone with ticketing.

My situation. I have a 10 day PH ticket for my onsite trip later this year. I’m going to upgrade to an AP because my trip is more days than my ticket allows.

My question was, if tickets don’t get activated until entry, how do I get PR’s for the remainder of my days, over the 10 day ticket already allowed.

His response was this, think of it in as the old Fast Passes where we could tap the FP distribution box, but not go on the actual attraction for whatever reason. The FP still stands, if I used it or not, it’s still there. AP’s will be the same. Even if I don’t activate the AP until the first day of my trip, I can still make park reservations for every day of my onsite stay beforehand.

What I forgot to ask was weather or not I could upgrade the tickets online or if I have to call. I might ask WDW Chat box.

2 Likes

I have the same question and we’ll be upgrading our tickets to AP on the last day of our trip (9/11). I’ll try to remember to report back on what I find out!

1 Like

I’m an idiot. Obviously you can’t upgrade til 9/8 :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Not sure if this is right or a “bug” on their end.

I have a trip planned for 9/11-9/17 2022 and wanted to get an AP for the trip.

I called this morning just to double check that purchasing now would not be an issue and was told that the AP start date would not be until I first use it.

I made the purchase and went to my plans, clicked on Tickets and Memory Maker and see an expiration date of 9/7/22 on my pass. Is anyone else seeing something like this if you’ve purchased today?

WDW_AP_Exp_Date

I have seen reports of this, you aren’t alone.

See my reply below….

Posting this here as well, I just posted it in the park reservation thread, but it’s more applicable here. If nothing else it might reassure some people that they aren’t the only ones having issues. :frowning:

I’ve seen a few people who have found they can now make 5 park reservations on existing APs, so it does look like that part is working.

That’s the good news.

There are, however, multiple reports of a couple of glitches, inevitably. These are ones I know of:

1. If you already have an AP and buy a renewal now, you will not be able to book parks beyond the expiry date of your current AP. Looks like you’ll need to wait until the renewal kicks in before being able to make future plans.

Some reports say Disney told them this is a feature, not a glitch.

That could be a major PITA if your AP expires in the middle of a planned trip.

I really cannot believe they would be so crass as to do that. :rage:

1. Some people have reported buying a new AP, assigning it to a person and found the expiry date is set to one year from today. Again this can’t be right, it’s always been the case that an AP doesn’t start running until you activate it.

In one case the expiry was set to a random date in February 2022 :woman_facepalming:t4: Which actually makes me think this is a glitch.

Apparently the wait time for Passholder Services is now at about 3 hours.

With Disney IT?! You don’t say…

I kind of can. Is that bad?

1 Like

Ok, I just got through to someone that cleared this up.

AP vouchers are now only good for 1 year and if you do not activate the AP before that year you can use the value of the voucher and put it towards a new AP voucher.

Looks like they are doing this to keep people from purchasing vouchers and getting “discounted” APs in the future. This way they can collect any up charge they make to the APs.

Luckily I was going to take a short trip in the spring next year so I’ll just be activating my AP then and not have to worry about the voucher expiration.

Hope this helps other out!

6 Likes

Any new annual pass holders after today? Curious of any reports for people that had existing ticket and park reservations. Are the park reservations staying or do they need to be reselected after calling for the upgrade?

Me! I’m new (again)!

I had a 10 day ticket, could not even get through on the phone all day. Like, “all circuits are busy, try your call again later”.

Went ahead and purchased the AP’s online anyway because my trip has some high volume days and I wanted to lock in my PR’s. I then spent the morning locking in those high CL days. I just looked and, I still have the existing PR’s, and are currently holding 2 different PR’s for the same park on the same day. That won’t be the same for you unless you are impatient like me.

I plan on calling passholder line again when things slow down and I can get the 10 day figured out.

For anyone wondering, my new Incredi-pass has memory maker and the sport added on for additional cost, no DVC discount available.

1 Like

I should add I fully expect them to not to refund my 10-day tickets. I went ahead and bought the AP’s with the sole purpose of alleviating stress about my high CL days.

Worst case, I end up using my 10 days before I activate my AP’s or I give 2 of them to DS22 and his gf to come spend a few days with us.

1 Like

Also, interesting side note. It’s probably a glitch, but as of right now, my reservations for Dolphin ARE NOT showing up as a possibility to book onsite stay PR’s.

Luckily, I have a few reservations open until I know for sure what my budget will allow me to stay in. Come to think of it, I don’t remember seeing my ADR throw away reservation at Movies as an option to book reservations either. Interesting.

1 Like

Bought 2 APs today so we could be ready for next year. I have 2 Platinum Pass Pluss vouchers in my account which, as of today, are still Platinum Pluss vouchers. They still show a 2030 expiration… the new ones show an expiration of next year, as previously discussed.

FWIW, I called the AP VIP number, and was on hold for about 15 minutes around noon. So, not too long.

1 Like