AP on sale 9/8!

When I was on the phone with them I asked about the park reservations I had for my daughter with the Gold AP certificate and was told they should be fine even though some of them are for the blockout dates. They think that the AP won’t change from Gold to Sorcerer until activation at the gate. It is possible, but unlikely, that they could change renewal certificates to the new APs certificate in the MDE acct.

@TarHeelTiff

Look this is gonna sound really obnoxious but I trust their opinion on snacks their reviews on the Germany cupcakes are spot on-

APs not so much- I am gonna take the CM’s word…

1 Like

I actually don’t trust their reporting on food these days. I only linked something from them above because they were reporting the language about the limited sales. I guess everyone is reporting you need to activate by the 7th.

I think some of us are concerned because some highly respected reporters (Carlye Wisel and Scott Gustin) are reporting that any vouchers activated after The 8th will convert.

It is sad but I also think many of us have learned not to trust what a CM tells us. The training and experience of those CMs, especially in some of the call centers, can be concerning.

Someone is wrong here. We just all need to watch this for the next week plus, until reports come in.

5 Likes

BThe way I understand it - at least for the Platinum Pass is that it will convert to an Incredi-Pass, with the PP add-on.

I have only seen this stated on blogs ie https://www.disneytouristblog.com/guide-disney-world-annual-passes-faq/![image|485x500](upload://k2F8SjU1H3SQc1PjxZ829AxO01n.jpeg)

1 Like

That is what the other reports are saying.

You know, considering how and when Disney dropped this news, I think they thought it would go over better.

So I was thinking the dining plan info would be next. Unfortunately I have a feeling this one will be a quiet drop on a Friday afternoon, which wouldn’t be a good sign. I hope I’m wrong because we like using the dining plan.

3 Likes

I have yet to have the “honey I would like to drop $700+ on the first day of my trip to upgrade to an AP” conversation w/ dh. I forsee it being an uphill climb to him getting on board w/ it so I am trying to plan for a final yes or no.

We want to do Memory Maker for our trip. If I buy it now for $169 and upgrade to an AP with a Memory Maker “add on” on the first day, would they add that $169 onto the value of my 6 day Park Hopper?

I know this is all breaking new ground but all of your guesses will be closer than mine!

I have some time before I have to buy the Memory Maker (at least 3 days before we arrive) but I am just trying to think it all through!

I don’t know the answer to that but am very curious because a friend at work has the same issue

1 Like

Are they allowing this? I thought you had to upgrade in person.

I believe you can only upgrade in person. The AP start date goes by your first day in the park using the ticket that you are upgrading.

I wasn’t sure. I saw the upgrade button when I just checked my tickets the day I wrote that post. It had the option to upgrade to hoppers (which I already had) and I didn’t know if it would also upgrade to AP’s when made available.

And oh oh! How can I reserve parks for my remaining dates before I show up in person?

You… can’t.

I have a lot of words that I want to use, but know I shouldn’t. I’ll call someone in ticketing tomorrow and ask them for best advise going forward.

1 Like

I won’t tell them the words I shouldn’t either.

1 Like

I think I’ll just shift over the ten day that I have to cover the busiest days. fingers crossed

The other thing is that if upgrading works here like it does at DLR your reservations get wiped out and you had to re-make them so folks are actually doing their upgrade after they enter the park on the last day.

Am I saying this right @Julianne_fki?

Does anyone know if WDW will operate the same as DLR in this regard?

1 Like

I appreciate how Disney is into really embracing Walt’s eagerness to solve problems. They have created a problem by making everything much harder than it needs to be and then deciding that it is a feature. The dedication to their craft is breathtaking.

4 Likes

If you wait to activate on the last day of trip, does memory maker work for the previous days?

I was reading the MM site earlier tonight and it was clear that it wasn’t retroactive.

The discounted, pre-purchase price is $169 and must be purchased at least 3 days before it is activated.

MM is $199 otherwise.

1 Like

I would think it would work the same way for the most part. At DLR, I was told that there is a bucket of park reservations for ticket holders and another bucket for AP’s (Magic Keys). When you convert your ticket to an AP, they will switch your ticket holder reservations over to AP reservations for you. However, if there are no AP reservations available, they cannot do that. For us, it would have meant I couldn’t go back into the park for the rest of the day. We ended up converting at the end of our second (and last) day in the parks just to be safe. (Which was irritating because I wanted to use my measly 10% discount!)

The only difference for WDW, is that there is a third bucket of reservations for hotel guests. Currently, don’t AP holders staying on site get to make reservations from that bucket? In that case, I would think your hotel guest reservations would stay as they wouldn’t need to move them from one bucket to another. This is just my conjecture.

3 Likes