AP on sale 9/8!

Me either. It would seem to fit the current model of closing all loopholes. I remain hopeful though!

1 Like

luke-skywalker-no

4 Likes

Just got off 3 hour hold. First hour was lost in an elevator and had to start over. Coverted DH’s 5 day Military salute hopper (2days remaining) to a sorcerer. Disney valued that Mil ticket at $283.50 but I paid $315 at PAFB ITT office. CM deducted the $315 from the AP cost :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face: it’s first use and expiration is 16 July. We will have to activate it at GS with FL ID

4 Likes

Are you heading back to WDW right after you return?

1 Like

I think existing APs are fine, it’s the new ones that have this glitch.

Stole the above from another thread

Has anyone who is a white card holder been successful in making this purchase? Asking - honest and true - for a friend here at work.

Boy, if they don’t offer the Sorcerer Pass to white card DVC members… that would be really a slimy move…

I don’t understand why Disney can’t see that good resale values are good for initial sale values too!

1 Like

I bought a new pass yesterday, as I cancelled mine this time last year. It wasn’t a renewal or a restart. It’s not yet activated because I haven’t been on site yet, and I had no issue making park reservations.

EDIT: the whole process took less than 10 minutes, and I didn’t encounter any errors or slow-to-load pages. I waited in a virtual queue for about 13 minutes when I accessed the page. I bought a Florida resident annual pass, and it verified my driver license online, so I don’t have to go to a ticket window or guest services before using it to verify my residency.

1 Like

Ditto… bought 2 yesterday, made park pass reservations today…

1 Like

I do know a white card holder who called and tried to book and was told they weren’t eligible.

1 Like

Just as FYI though I have just seen a post on FB where a white card holder DID purchase it in person and showed her white card and everything

Seems, like the discount thing, to be CM driven and YMMV

2 Likes

So my probably unpopular opinion is that Disney could really make more money from the APs they don’t seem to value much if they offered discounts more to out of state APs than FL residents. They say they don’t make money off APs bc they are local, visit less, eat less, spend less, but that doesn’t necessarily apply to all of us out of state APs. Many of us visit multiple times a year for multiple day length stays in the bubble and enjoy all our favorite restaurants and probably more likely to do extras since it’s not a 1 and done or every 5 year trip. Blah. That just bugs me.

4 Likes

I thought this was an interesting article about the economics of the whole situation…

1 Like

Agreed. It’s really aggravating that those of us who incur much more expense traveling from a distance and stay longer also have to pay the most for our AP.

2 Likes

I think I misused the word new. IIRC It seemed to be an issue when people bought a renewal of an AP yesterday that they had the problem.
So they had 2 APs in their account, one active and one renewal voucher.

However it seems that problem has been fixed now. Lots of reports that where people have two APs, one active and one renewal, that they now get a choice as to which AP they are booking park reservations with.

I don’t understand that article at all and I don’t think that author actually knows what he is talking about either. Regarding ffp, APs were still held to the same onsite/offsite timelines as anyone else with day passes for example.

1 Like

I guess the takeaway is that Disney doesn’t value AP’s as much as day guests. This has always been true, because day guests spend more money.

The point he was making about Genie+ is that if AP holders are less likely to buy Genie+ because they are more willing to wait in the standby lines (due to perceived multiple trips per year) then that only HELPS them sell more Genie+ to the 1 trip a year crowd who will see bigger crowds in standby lines and pony up for Genie+. Therefore, Disney gets AP holders to “help” sell Genie+ to non-AP holders, which is what they want to begin with!

1 Like

I guess I can see that, but I wouldn’t say it gives day guests the upper hand. I think it screws them even more bc their trip just got even more expensive compared to APs. I also think a fair share of non local APs will purchase G+ at least for a few of their days bc complaints about wait times have been shared by both APs and day guests. I’m really curious to see how this all shakes out bc I honestly could see it going either way.

1 Like

We’re going to be in Orlando dropping our car off for work and thought we’d spend our wait time in the world. Short answer yes. And I’m meeting up for dinner with @ninjasherrie on the 18th too.

3 Likes

I agree whole heartedly… but from Disney’s perspective, a screwed day guest means more on the bottom line and THAT is good for Disney (if not the day guest). And if AP holders will buy Genie+ for the same service that used to be free… now Disney gets more to the bottom line from a customer who is only paying a few dollars in admission. Another Disney corporate win!

1 Like