Anyone interested in what construction looks like at the poly?

We didnt request a room in Figi but we got one. So if anyone is interested in knowimg just how close the construction is and what it looks like. Here you go! :laughing:

6 Likes

OMG that is AWFUL!

Absolutely unacceptable that they would be using rooms on that side of the building

:frowning:

I never ask to move but I’d be asking to move.

11 Likes

Eesh.

2 Likes

I did ask to be moved…they are bookes at 100% capacity. They did however give me a $400 room credit. Which i gladly accepted and went shopping.

12 Likes

It is pretty bad but lukily not too loud. Just a lot of beeping. But for thosebwho are wonder as I was before we came. They are indeed filling these rooms.

3 Likes

How many nights are you there?
That might be agreeable to me

But seriously I would still be writing to someone that they should not be using the rooms on that side of that building. Unacceptable.

3 Likes

4 nights so 100 per night. And I agree theu shpuld probbaly keep these room empty .

5 Likes

That’s absolutely atrocious they are renting those rooms period, much less at full price. I’m glad you got a $100/n back, but I would want a per night % off as well. Horrible.

6 Likes

Oh gosh that’s bad. Thanks for showing everyone!

2 Likes

I looked all over to find out if getting one of these room was a possibility. Had I known before I would have changed resorts. Once we got here though there wasnt much we could do and it doesnt bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. Too hot to be on a balcony anyways its like 97 degrees right now. Just hoping that if others have a stay coming up,they have the info they need before hand to either be prepared or make adjustments

6 Likes

$100 per night! $400 per night would be acceptable since I assume this room is like $600+ a night. Ridiculous that they’re using these rooms.

7 Likes

I def didnt pay 600…only reason I booked was because it was discounted. My room was discounted already at 35% and 100 per night was about another 20%. And i do love this resort…minus the room view.

5 Likes

Oh yea makes total sense. I find I never look or sit out at my room, as much as I think I will. So as long as it’s not noisy— I’d be happy with the credit.

We loved our stay at the Poly in 2018— enjoy the resort!

2 Likes

I though I read (or heard) somewhere that Disney had reduced the number of different views available, but now we have the all new “Construction” view. Maybe they will put up a barrier with peep holes and charge 25 cents a look.

9 Likes

hey as long as your ok with the view and the credit enjoy your trip!
hopefully its not too noisy!

3 Likes

:laughing:

Is it considered an upgrade from parking lot?
If you’ve got a 3yo or 4yo kiddo with you, probably!

9 Likes

Ugh!!! How not magical. They should also give you VIP access to Trader Sam’s and give you some complimentary drinks for that view.

So…I’m trying to figure out how many deluxe resorts are messed us currently….GF, the Poly, BW and BC are all in the middle of refurbs/construction right now?!

4 Likes

I actually thoight this…4 years ago my son would have camped oit in front of that window watching the big trucks all day! Would have had to drag him away to go to the park :laughing:

7 Likes

Noise is not bad at all which makes it easier. All i can really hear is the beeping of the trucks reversing. Honestly the kids jumping and running in the room above us is more annoying to hear.

3 Likes

I kinda like that idea…vip construction view room happy hour…everyday!

6 Likes