Anyone interested in what construction looks like at the poly?

My husband is a construction safety manager and would 100% not be able to relax if he could hear that beeping. We would have to change resorts, and we are not fussy travelers!

This room is a dream come true to a certain demographic!

8 Likes

We are staying there in 40 days. Thanks for sharing, so we will not be so shocked. We had 7 nights at BC and 6 nights at Poly, but recently changed to 4 BC and 9 Poly. I regretted it almost instantly, but there’s no getting back BC. It’s our first time at Poly. I have loved the place since I was a College Program CM back in 94, so definitely a bucket list for me! It’s a great property, and 2 showers and sinks for our family of 5, so it should be amazing!

1 Like

If you are staying on the dvc side it shouldnt affect you at all :wink: you can not hear any construction from the rest of the resort just those rooms and walkways closest to the new dvc building. We enjoyed the resort so much and would def stay again. Enjoy your stay!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s awesome! Thanks for the clarification.

3 Likes

The disappointing part for us is the loss of the path between Shades of Green and the Poly. We loved that path for scooter use and delicious snack options. They are putting in a 4 lane highway. That will make the Poly and the Grand Floridian must less desirable and exclusive. Just another stop on their super highway.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that they were getting rid of the pathway. Never walked it having never stayed at or walked to Shades of Green but I can see why that would be disappointing for you.

7 Likes

Hahaha thats great!