Anyone at the parks in mid nov, got home and had covid?

ahhh… I agree w/ sharing to desensitize and create a better awareness. Keeping secrets effectually protects the offending dysfunction and could prevent progress :thinking: I don’t share so that I don’t have to explain why. Separating from family is such an anomaly. I believe the one that leaves is most affected too. Holidays can be the hardest time to be w/o extended family.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I’m sorry to hear this about your sister. Really, there’s nothing to reconcile. You love her and realized the separation had to happen. Hopefully it’s the same on her end, but if not, that’s on her. Happy planning for your next trip!

1 Like

I’m a nurse on a covid unit near Seattle. Due to how far away DisneyWorld is, not a lot of people from our region vacation there (when open, Disneyland is a much closer choice). However, I did care for a patient with covid that visited WDW in November. The infection was counted in his county of residence.
Also, there’s really no way of knowing if he got it at the parks, the airport, or any other place during that vacation.

2 Likes

If we had better contract tracing we might know. Ppl think FL is doing a good job; I live here and NOPE! I do wonder how many FL residents are getting C-19 from tourists. I wonder if this is why CA is only allowing their own residents to go to DL to start?

2 Likes

Contact tracing is nearly impossible when the numbers are as high as they’ve been in the US. I take zero comfort from the fact that no outbreaks have been identified from Universal/Disney. The state of Florida clearly has no interest in identifying if it was happening, and travelers are so widespread that it would take serious effort.

2 Likes