Anyone at the parks in mid nov, got home and had covid?

I didn’t tell my family until after we were back and through the 14 days. They are out of state, so we don’t have contact anyway but wanted to avoid them worrying about us.

2 Likes

Also I don’t know if contract tracers expressly ask have you been to Disney World as one of their questions. Based on some of the other posts on this thread I don’t think people are willing to offer that information unless asked directly… because of the judgement.

2 Likes

Personally, I would have no hesitation telling contact tracers that I had been on a plane and to WDW, but you may be right that others would not want to do that. Especially if their state has a quarantine order or something similar.

1 Like

We told no one we went, outside of DS’s school bc we knew he’d have to quartantine. We also didn’t tell anyone on DH’s side when we went last year, bc they are super nosy and like to tell us how they think we should spend our money.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s unbelievable! Are you not close to your family? That would be impossible for us to not tell parents and siblings.

I agree with the consensus here:

1. I am 100% certain that some people have and will continue to get COVID while at WDW
  2. Almost impossible to prove if someone got it from WDW specifically
  3. WDW is nevertheless safer than virtually any other public environment (retail, airplanes, airports, restaurants - even many grocery stores)
  4. If you are concerned about getting COVID due to higher risk to you individually, your network, or your work situation, you should not go until at least summer 2021 unless you can quarantine upon your return

I hope you are able to make the best decision for you based on your unique circumstances.

6 Likes

I can’t answer for @Tall_Paul1, but as for me, no we’re not close with our families at all. Both my parents are deceased, and when they died, there was really no reason for my 2 sister’s and I to continue contact. DH’s parents and sister are still living, but the in laws live an hour away and we’re not super close. His sister and her family live in NC, 3 states away, and we literally only ever talk to them at family functions. No animosity or anything, just nothing in common and we don’t relate to each other. It was like that before we were married also, not my doing.

I do come from a huge Italian family on my dad’s side and we have a yearly reunion, (although not this year…:pleading_face:) So I usually see my cousins and still living aunts. We’re affectionate, but not close.

1 Like

No short answer to that one, lol. The family I grew up in was more of a “keep to yourself” dynamic and not so much warm, open, and sharing of everything going on. That kind of continues on today with my parents, siblings and me, where we feel close enough, but there’s not constant communication about things.

Pretty much this, more concise way to put it. No big feuds or estrangement, but all just kinda doing our own things and we talk when we talk, kind of thing.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this. Not sure if it’s important to you, but try not to close any doors permanently. Reconciliation in this lifetime is important. None of us want leave this world with regrets or unable to forgive someone. :heart:

I see. I guess I’m kinda spoiled because I live within 5 miles of my parents, the in-laws, and my brother and his family. It’s just too easy to visit and have meals together on a regular basis!

Well, I guess you’re lucky that Everybody Loves Raymond. :smiley:

Yeah no kidding. Try to keep a secret haha! Good luck with that.

Thanks for your concern, but it’s really not important to me, and I don’t lose any sleep over it. Not to get into a theological discussion, but I won’t care about it when I’m dead, bc I’ll be … Dead. Regrets are a waste of time, and there’s nothing to forgive. We’re just different people, on different paths, and maintaining a relationship actually is more stressful to all of us than anything.
As you can see, I’m a bit of a nihlist. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

There has been monkey business w/ covid reporting in Florida. Local news reports the concerns routinely. Orange County Mayor recently issued a fine policy for business offenders. WDW is not listening to the FL governor’s guidance and as a private entity is making their policies; as their right.

I have to disagree. Reconciliation in this life time is not important to everyone as it is for you. You don’t know what people have put up with in the name of family.

Once my parents died, I discovered that my sister is a narcissist and extremely toxic. With my mother gone she set her sights on me. Fortunately my niece and nephew were old enough by this time to no longer be used as leverage. I love my sister, she will always big my big sister but I had to go ‘no contact’ with her about 8 years ago. It wasn’t easy. Narcissists don’t like it when you don’t follow their plan, but It was the best thing I could have done. I will always love her but will have no regrets if I never see or hear from her again. I don’t say that in a mean or snarky way either since tone is often lost in writing. It’s simply a statement of fact. I’ve already morned the loss of our relationship.

Sorry this was off-topic but it’s something that I feel strongly about.

10 Likes

I hear you, and agree with you 100%!

5 Likes

As far as the contact tracing is concerned, it is also important to note that it is not always as detailed as you might think. I was never asked any questions about how I got it or if I traveled. The only follow up I got was about my symptoms so they could determine if I was considered “recovered.”

2 Likes

Separating from dysfunctional or abusive family is horribly difficult and painful. It gets better over time but often kept secret since many find it inconceivable.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen around town here, if guests at Disney are wearing a mask outdoors then they’re leaps and bounds ahead of what I see people doing locally.

Don’t even get me started on aisle arrows.

5 Likes

Well said. It’s also very different from an argument, disagreement or miscommunication that might be able to be overcome some time in the future. Which is why I felt the need to share my story because how else are people supposed to learn or understand?

3 Likes