Any News on AP Extensions?

Not extension news, but they are updating the AP calendar to include the “reservation required”

Maybe a sign that the park reservation system will soon be rolled out.

1 Like

That’s at least some movement forward. But I’m so worried that my AP won’t be extended in enough time for me to make park reservations for my trip and I’ll be SOL.

So am I…I’m also worried about restrictions on number of days. I have two back to back resort reservations with different groups of people and so need 4 park days with each group. Hoping the resort reservation will override a limit on number of days.

I mean, you would assume it would work just like resort reservations for APs have in the past for fastpasses. But I guess at this point it’s risky to assume anything.

I chatted with a CM this morning to see if I could get any more info about when passes may be extended. They said that the number of days the passes will be extended has not quite been worked out yet and that passholders would get an email about the new park reservation system before it was launched. I’d like some notice that it’s going to be launched so I can call and try to nail someone down about pass extensions and if I’ll be able to use my pass that expires before my trip to make theme park reservations. I guess we’re still going to have to wait and see. All they said was “soon” which must mean sometime between now and the inevitable heat death of the universe.

2 Likes

somewhere in a thread I heard/read that 100 days will be added to APs plus… days that we are not allowed to access for reservations; or get reservations. Since mine doesn’t exp until Dec I’m feeling ok about it. But if this goes on for more than a year… that’s another story. one-day-at-a-time :wink:

When the re-opening date was announced, we counted 117 days from the closing date on March 15th to the July 11th re-opening date.

Disney had previously stated that all AP’s would be extended for the number of days closed or you can receive a partial refund for the time period closed.

1 Like

Thanks for the update cherokee_jacket. Reservations required now for a whole year now … until June, 2021. Ugh. :worried:

Just dropping in to say I’m seeing reports on Twitter that some Platinum & Gold APs are seeing their expiration dates update in MDE. So hopefully soon for you @meatsquatch78!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve seen that too! I may or may not be obsessively checking MDE. LOL

1 Like

Is there any information on how long they are extended?

Two more reports out there, since the first link I posted is to a less than favorite site.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/annual-pass/news/17jun2020-disney-rolling-out-extensions-to-walt-disney-world-annual-passes.htm

Reportedly the length of the closure—117 days. So unlike in Shanghai, they aren’t extending further to cover “reservation required” days, it looks like.

Maybe that will come later since they (presumably) don’t know how long that will be?

I’ll take 117 additional days :wink: hopefully it will be enough :crossed_fingers: Thank you, WDW!

With this 117 day extension, folks with expired AP who were worried about not being able to make park reservations are now taken care of.

Any adjustment for the limited attendance period can come later.

With the post yesterday from WDW warning guests to make sure that your tickets are linked and updated in MDE, this looks like another “baby step” towards the park reservation system coming on line soon.

3 Likes

I’m really relieved to hear that they’re making these changes. I was really starting to sweat this whole park reservation system thing with an expired pass. I’ll relax once my pass has been updated!

Not mine, yet.

Mine just updated this morning, it added on the 117 days.

Hello Disney…

1 Like