Annual Passholder Rates Fall 2022

So you have a universal pass. I’m thinking that I may get one for the discounts (and it also might make more sense depending on how long we end up staying next year–I need to do the math). If it’s not too personal or annoying of a question, what made you decide to get one? Which tier did you choose?

1 Like

I chose the preferred pass my first time around. When I was first getting an annual pass, I could choose power, preferred, or premier. Seasonal was not an option because of the ticket I had at the time. I chose preferred because it would give me 18 months over the 15 months of the power, (UOR was doing a promo at the time.) and I wanted the discount. I had been planning to buy a full set of hogwarts robes for the next trip, and with the costs for robe, scarf, sweater, and wand the discount would be handy as well.

The next pass I bought was again a preferred. I thought the discounts were worth enough to pay the extra cost over the power pass. I didn’t get a seasonal pass because I had wanted to go to the Mannheim Steamroller concert, but that hasn’t worked out yet.

ETA I bought my first pass in December 2018 and my second pass Summer 2020. Prices were much cheeper then. If I had to buy a pass now, I’m not sure if I would go for power or seasonal.

3 Likes

The savings on a premier hotel alone has more than paid for my AP. I chose seasonal because it’s the cheapest and works for all the dates I would potentially be in UOR, but I figured I could upgrade it if needed later. I don’t use most of the ancillary benefits like parking.

3 Likes

Hi!! :wave:

Unsolicited answer from another Universal AP (even if it’s a month expired!)

For me I bought a Seasonal AP for the price. It was less than four days worth of tickets. I was definitely going for at least four days. (31 in total last year!!)

Now… why not upgrade??? I don’t park a car, I stay onsite so I already get EPA. For me the only benefit for an upgrade was the AP discounts on merchandise. I would’ve paid an extra $150 to get that 10% discount.

At the time I wasn’t sure if that would’ve helped me really save money. After looking through all my purchases last year - it would’ve been really close. It might’ve helped me save less than $50 for the year. I’ll definitely consider this tier next time - maybe…

That would’ve left only the last level as an option. For me it would’ve been more than $300 to upgrade to this. You do get Express Pass after 4pm and a HHN ticket. At the time I purchased I was really staying within a budget. Had I know that I was taking two more trips than planned and splurged a bit more then I might have done this. (but maybe not)

The HHN ticket is nice, but I bought a Rush of Fear pass for unlimited HHN nights. That means I’d be paying $200 more than the last tier for the UXP. I travel solo and can get around much easier than most even without UXP. Plus, my family wouldn’t have had it when we were together.

Between the two upper tiers, I’m more likely to upgrade to the “Preferred” Pass next time for that 10% discount. However, Universal will not let you “downgrade”. So, by starting with a Seasonal Pass I also left myself open to adding on more instead of possibly overpaying…

1 Like

Thank you for this!!

1 Like

Can I hype it up for you??? You better believe it!! It’s sooo beautiful - especially at night.

The walk really isn’t all that much further to the parks gates. (in the scale of walking all over a theme park)

HRH is very cool! You’ll feel very cool being there. However, at it’s core, it’s mostly a lot of memorabilia on walls. (and I swear some of it is fake! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :innocent:)

Portifino is IMHO much more relaxing. There’s a more laid back and strolling around vibe there.

OMG - If you only eat at one place on all of Universal property make it Mama Della’s at that hotel!!

Yes, there is construction. I don’t know to what extend atm. Personally, when you get your mobile check-in e-mail I’d clearly write out “not near construction” in the “other options” box you get and then I’d say it again at check-in. If it’s a concern, let them know! A TM will be happier to put you in a place you prefer, if they can, than deal with a complaint later!

2 Likes

Since you don’t park a car, you may not know this. If you have a HRH reservation, does the AP help you with parking there (after the first visit)? Or are you better off parking in the garage (after the first visit) so that it is free?

1 Like

@ryan1 - Hey!!

They also sing to you tableside at Mama Della’s. When I say they sing tableside, I mean at your table and exclusively for you!

They go around to each table and ask for a type of musical genre you like. Then they sing a song for you in that style! It can put you on the spot to think of a style of music!! (I picked love ballad. I said, “You know like 'Every Rose Has it’s Thorn”" I though that would get them! Nope…)

I had to stop eating and just listen as the song was so beautiful. I had no idea what the words were, but WOW was it amazing!!

3 Likes

I don’t think there is any discount on parking at the hotel. Which really sucks… I used to rent cars while in Orlando, but when all the hotels finally started charging I went to rideshares.

With WDW back to free parking, I may go back to a rental whenever I return. Paying to park as a hotel guest is a total rip-off…

4 Likes

Thanks! I like the resort a lot. The only thing I’m struggling with is the 0.7mi walk with four kids. We will have to be patient and wait for the boat, I think.

1 Like

The kids are going to love the boat! It’s like another attraction! The way you go through a tunnel and “pop out” into the Portofino canals is almost like walking into Diagon Alley. You get transported to Italy!

After walking around all of them - HRH more than any - I’d want to stay at Portofino the most!!

3 Likes

I know this map is inverted, but I wanted to illustrate how close the boats are to the parks… You don’t have to “enter” CityWalk proper.

The boats are about as close to USF as the HRH pathway is to IOA…

3 Likes

That is…impressive!

3 Likes

I can’t say enough good things about the food either. I’ve had Italian meals twice since returning and it’s like eating canned Spaghetti-os in comparison… :sob:

Italian food is now forever ruined for me

2 Likes

We’re staying at Portofino in a few days. If you need any research pictures, let me know!

Also, there’s an Avis rental place right at Portofino (and RPR, I think). We’re going to Uber there, and then pick up a car to go to Disney when we’re done.

I guess I should start a trip report at some point, to share how all of this goes!

Also, @darkmite2 , you mentioned a check-in email. How soon before check-in does that come? I don’t think I’ve seen one yet, but I should watch for it.
After the Dog Thread, and your mention of construction, I should probably put in some preferences.

1 Like

They sang the Spiderman theme song to DS!

1 Like

IIRC it comes the day before check-in. That’s also when you confirm your party, which can be up to occupancy of the room, even if that’s more than the number you initially entered when making the reservation.

2 Likes

I’ve had it come anywhere from 2 - 3 days before check-in… Often I would get it on Friday/Saturday for a Monday check-in

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ I really think Portofino is my favorite! The walk to the parks is really only 5 mins more compared to hard rock. The resort is just so pretty, pool is relaxing, the water slide is great! They will make you an impressively strong cocktail at the pool bar so watch out!

I would seriously consider doing a park free weekend just to relax here (but we all know I wouldn’t be able to resist hagrids or VC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

Pro tip- The Starbucks is a mob scene in the morning so I would just walk to hard rock and grab my coffee from there on the way to the parks.

2 Likes

Thanks - great tips! I am feeling better about this prospect with all the positive feedback from everyone.

2 Likes