Annual Pass discount exclusions?

For merchandise, the discount for most places in the parks is 20% for “select merchandise at regular price”. Have most of you found that this was the majority of things? Or is everything discounted 1 cent so you don’t get a discount or something weird? I’ve been to WDW 2x with my AP so far but with all adults both times and we did very little souvenir shopping so I didn’t notice. But I’m going for a longer trip soon and expect to shop/buy more (have kids with $!).

I have found that the AP discount has applied at everything I have purchased as stores that accept it. For example, at resort stores I have applied the discount on medicine, souvenirs, and food.

Same here, we’ve never had a problem getting the AP discount on merch we’ve bought. I will say that we’ve never bought anything personalized, so unsure whether you get a discount on those items.

1 Like

I have only had one item that it didn’t apply to in a store - the Sanna bread service board at the gift shop at AKL Kidani. I was told the money went directly to the artist so it did not apply. There are a lot of similar items created by artists at AKL Jambo and I would assume the same applies.

1 Like

Well, as I mentioned in this thread: Annual pass shopping benefits

I bought my annual pass yesterday and tried to buy Magic Bands at the discount on-line. They wouldn’t apply the annual pass discount, neither in shopDisney.com, nor the Shop Disney Parks app. I then figured that’s okay, I’ll use the Disney Visa card to get 10% off at least, since the shopDisney.com site is heavily advertising the Disney Visa card.

But, nope. They wouldn’t apply the 10% discount despite paying well over $50.

I’m kind of annoyed. I mean, in this case it isn’t a huge deal, since I’m not talking about a lot of money…but it seems wrong if the things you want to buy are the things they aren’t going to apply the discount to!

Your AP is linked in your profile? Am I remembering something about it not showing until the end? I can’t remember…

Yeah. I checked and it was showing up before I proceeded to the shopping.

My wife did find a note in the fineprint of the Disney site about the annual pass that shopDisney.com does NOT participate in the annual pass discount. But the Shop Disney Parks app clearly showed the Annual Pass. But it just wouldn’t apply it to the magic bands. In the end, I ordered from shopDisney.com because they had more selection and I figured the Disney Visa discount, at least, would apply. But, nope. They clearly recognized the card as Disney Visa, since it showed, after entering the card, that it was a Disney Visa, not just Visa…but no 10% discount.

One additional note: There are TWO Disney shopping apps. One is Shop Disney, which is the same as the shopDisney.com site. Then there is the Shop Disney Parks app. That one is NOT the same as shopDisney.com, and allows the annual pass. But the selection is pitiful. Almost everything shown was said to ONLY be available in the parks. (Well, I figured that is kind of the point…that the app shows you where in the parks you can go to buy things.) But since the same exact items are in the shopDisney.com site at the same price, and that SOME of the same items on shopDisney.com were actually available for ordering and having shipped from the Shop Disney Parks app, it is perplexing.

1 Like

Did you type in the promotion code when checking out on shopDisney.com for your order? According to my Disney visa paperwork you have to type in DRVCMEMBER to get the 10% discount so you may want to try that!

Oh, I see that you have already ordered them, but if you call or email them they will take off the discount…that’s exactly what I had to do when I forgot to enter the code the first time I ordered!

Hmm. No. I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for letting me know. I thought since their system recognized I was using a Disney Visa card, it would automatically take it off!

Yeah that’s what I thought too and wondered why I wasn’t getting the discount, then I went back and read the fine print :blush:.

Stupid fine print. :wink:

:blush: But yeah, definitely get in touch with them and they should honor the discount

Thanks. Will do.

Hmm. Still looks like it won’t be covered. I pretended to place another order, this time putting in the code. It took the code, but then I clicked the little “i” icon for info about the discount. Lots of fine print, including all these exclusions. Notice the part I bolded below:

Offer excludes taxes, Shipping & Handling charges, Disney Theme Park Passes, D23 Memberships, D23 Merchandise, gift cards or certificates, The Walt Disney Company Collectible Shareholder Certificate, 3-D printed merchandise, Subscription products, personalization, gift wrap and gift boxes, Aden & Anais, Alex and Ani, Art & Collectibles, Barbie Signature, Barefoot Dreams, Beats by Dre, Bésame, Blu-ray™, Books, CDs, Chiara Ferragni, Circle by Disney, COACH, ColourPop, CRISLU, Disney Designer Jewelry Collection, Disney Vacation Club, Disney Wisdom, Dooney & Bourke, DVDs, Electronic Toys, Enesco Busts and Figurines, Ethan Allen, Fantasy Flight Games, Freshly Picked, Garmin, Hanna Andersson, Jim Shore, Kate Spade, Kiehls, Le Creuset, LEGO Limited Release, Lenox, Levi’s, LÍLLÉbaby, Limited Edition and Limited Release merchandise, Lionel, MagicBand, Marvel Legends Series, Mickey The True Original Exhibition, Milk Snob, New Balance, Nixon, Olszewski, Opening Ceremony, Otterbox Electronics, PANDORA, Pandora: The World of Avatar Mountain Banshee, Petunia Pickle Bottom, Pippa & Julie, Precious Moments, rag & bone, Rags, Rebecca Hook, RockLove, S.T. Dupont, Sentiments, Shinola, Sideshow Collectibles, Special Edition items, Star Wars: The Black Series, Starbucks, Steiff, Terez, Thomas Kinkade, TOMS, Tommy Bahama, Vera Bradley, Video Games, Vinylmation, Waddle, and items not in stock.

That’s a LOT of exclusions for the Disney Visa card.

1 Like