And You Would Be There Too!: a swift holiday visit at WDW with Liners (TR)

Hello friends!

Today I am just 48hrs away from liftoff to enjoy a swift holiday visit at WDW with the biggest group of Liners ever!

I’m starting this trip report a bit early since I’ll be sharing this space with a few other pals that may be familiar to you and some of them arrive before me.

I’ve never been to WDW in the month of December before, and I’ve barely hit fringe holiday time at the extreme ends, in early November and early January when things were just going up and coming down. So I’ve not seen the place in its full glory and I cannot wait! I’ll be focusing this time most intentionally on the holiday offerings - decor, entertainment, snacks, and snowp!

My plans are relatively loose this trip, so you’ll have to follow me to see where I end up. I can tell you with certainty that I arrive Friday afternoon and I leave Tuesday afternoon. What happens in the middle is up for discussion.

Flexibility is also of tremendous importance since I’m also visiting with my daughter, Julia, who is in the Disney College Program at this time. This will serve as a between-the-holidays holiday visit; her program ends just after Christmas so this timing made the most sense. Her role is a little bit in flux right now, and so are her hours, so I may be zigging when others are zagging so as to prioritize time with her over all else. Then again, maybe she’ll join the group and learn about shenaniganing (is that a word?) from the pros.

Are you ready! Let’s get to the most magical Christmas Tree Farm on Earth we call Walt Disney World!

42 Likes

Wohoo! Swift holiday visits are the best! Have a great trip.

9 Likes

I will need you to point out the Taylor Swift references please :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::laughing::crazy_face:

Have a great trip @OBNurseNH

10 Likes

Oh.

There are to be references.

:grimacing:

Well, there’s one in the title. How 'bout that? Can’t promise there will be more!

11 Likes

Oh I just assumed given the photo and the word Swift in the title and that @Flavita was the first one to comment that there were lots of hidden references already :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4::thinking::thinking::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

How did I not know this?? I’m so excited for you to see it all!!

Me too :rofl:

I am so extremely excited!!! I wish it was Saturday!!!

11 Likes

This is my chance to try to convert you to swiftism.
The title reference is here somewhere….

11 Likes

I’m so confused. I assumed this was @Flavita 's TR from the title.

12 Likes

Same

8 Likes

I can see how you would think that.

The trip title came from the evolution of this gigantic meetup, which began its planning over a year ago IIRC. Over time, more and more people made plans to be there, myself included. As people announced coming, folks would say, “Oh! You’ll be there too?!” So when I was listening to Christmas music the other day I heard this lyric and immediately thought of this trip and it all just made sense!

11 Likes

How the heck is this not @Flavita trip report?? :rofl:

11 Likes

Oh gosh now I’m feeling bad!

7 Likes

Nooooo!!! This is great!!! Don’t feel bad.

8 Likes

I wasn’t planning on making any Swift references (I’m actually serious). You are in charge!!!

7 Likes

OK. If you say it’s okay then I won’t feel bad :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Forget about discussing Swifties…it is THIS that I am most shocked about! How exciting for you!

9 Likes

Thanks! I’m pretty excited myself, and I am definitely prioritizing holiday things over all else this time!!

After this trip I think the only month remaining during which I’ve not visited is March. I could also say May, but on a technicality I was there on 5/1 once.

8 Likes

This is a little shocking to me.

Also I didn’t know you were a Swiftie.

6 Likes

I did too.

8 Likes

I don’t know if I can be considered a Swiftie - I think that implies hardcore fandom.

But I do really enjoy her music

7 Likes