And so this is Christmas…

Aw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I find Hulk worse than RRR…but I don’t find RRR rough at all. I am always perplexed by how rough people say it is. Never found it to be so.

I usually come off Hulk with a slight headache, though, from how it tosses you. There are parts of it I enjoy, but I feel I am fighting the ride more than enjoying it. And the misters? I wish they would take those out. Anyone with glasses, you go blind as you pass through the mist. I have to remember to cover my glasses with my hands just before we pass through the mist.

2 Likes

I had an instant headache the second it took off! I will not ride it again.

3 Likes

I would put both RRR and Hulk at 5 but they affect me in slightly different ways. Hulk has a lot of Gs and rumbles quite a bit, which gives me a headache. RRR gives me more whiplash.

2 Likes

:smirk:

Glad you survived!

4 Likes

You were right!!!

1 Like

Final part - Visit to UOR/IOA

It was 7:10 when we finished all the rides at UO.
DH and DD10 were going to leave Royal Pacific and meet us in Hogsmeade to ride FJ and Hagrid’s.
Park closes at 9. I thought walking from the Mummy to IOA would be faster

Sill confused as to how to get out of the maze. Walking as fast as I could

Finally outside of the park, headed to IOA at 7:15.

DH texted he had left Royal Pacific and was almost there. I called him:
Me: “Wait for me in front of the Forbidden Journey”
DH: “We are in this train station. Gabby says we need to take the train”
Me: “Train? From Royal Pacific to IOA”?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

[That’s when I realized I never specified that FJ was at IOA. So Gabby took him back to where she was last UO :melting_face:]

Me: “You went to the wrong park. :woman_facepalming: Ok take the train and I will meet you there”

11 Likes

Getting through the tapstiles at IOA was a struggle - again. This time though, it wasn’t because of us

We were behind a family who was having issues with their tickets. I was in hurry, but trying to remember that I had NO RIGHT to be inpatient

11 Likes

I finally get inside the park, but in Hogsmeade, I ran into this massive crowd that wasn’t going anywhere. It was 7:30, and I guess there was a show, and they were waiting, and I was stuck there?!

DH calls: “I’m in front of the FJ. Where are you?”
Me: “I don’t know how to get through the crowd to the other side!”

Frustrating. But I eventually made it through and we rode the FJ using EP with no wait and plenty of time to get in line for Hagrid’s

16 Likes

And to end this trip report, I just want to tell you about the part when we got stuck on the Forbidden Journey

This is the only record I have of us in line for the ride.

I must apologize in advance to those of you who might love this ride. I didn’t. Really didn’t.

Yes, there is the fact that you need to fight motion sickness, but the fact that it just spins you around alternating between screens, with no real thrill or air time, or stunning visuals, … that’s just lame.

For me personally, there is the complicating factor that I have to take care of DH and DD10. Because if one little thing goes wrong and they don’t like an attraction, that is it, and they want to go back to the hotel. And I still wanted to ride Hagrids - with them.

I was honest. I told them about possible motion sickness and everything I had heard about FJ. I offered them Dramamine. I told them to close their eyes if they felt nauseous, to not move their head, and to look straight at a fixed point.

Then we are on the ride and it suddenly stops moving. We were hanging - not upside down - slightly tilted forward, facing a frozen screen. Something is announced, I can’t quite remember what, along the lines of “we are experiencing technical difficulties”. I touch DH’s hand and it’s cold.
“What’s going on?” he says. “It’s fine, it’s just a minute, it happens, it will be ok” I say, pretending I wasn’t scared.
The kids didn’t seem bothered by it at all. Fortunately it all lasted only a few terrifying minutes and we were back to safety.

I got out saying “ I’m never riding this again”.
And to my surprise, DH simply agreed he would never ride it again, but wasn’t upset, and DD10 says “well, I actually liked it”
And then we went on to Hagrids.

Go figure.

13 Likes

I’m not a fan either :shushing_face:

I still haven’t found anyone that can explain to me what exactly you are supposed to be riding in? Is it a bookshelf? :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

We will see when the new park opens, but for now, there are a few things that are worth the time and cost for me. Hagrid’s, VC, dining at Mythos, Diagon Alley, butterbeer, Hulk and Gringotts. That means I really don’t need more than a day there, and don’t need express passes.

Hagrid’s: ah, so, so good :heart: I got to ride the motorcycle this time!

11 Likes

Yeah we didn’t renew our AP’s but will get them again when the new park opens, maybe :wink:

3 Likes

Oh I almost forgot to tell you all -

I shared a link to this trip report with a close friend who wanted to know about our trip to Disney.

He said about the liner community - “wow, what a great forum! Everyone is so nice. It’s a good place to share experiences and talk about food and travel.”

Now, I think he should get a TP subscription and become a liner like us, don’t you?

I already have a fake forum name for him. “Mark”.
Mark: I know you will read this, come join us!

15 Likes

Final thoughts and lessons learned
(in no special order)

1. Traveling in the cold season is amazing
  2. Crowds aren’t as bothersome when it’s cold
  3. “Smooth”, when it comes to rides, is relative
  4. A long road trip can be fun when you have liner friends to share it with
  5. The way there is shorter than the way back
  6. Cats are fine at home by themselves for 10 days (possibly more?)
  7. Rope drop is not always a good strategy, even for early birds
  8. There is simply too much to eat and try at the booths in Epcot’s festival
  9. Cast members are responsible for most of the magic that happens at WDW
  10. Buc-ee’s is a must-do, although not for everyone
  11. Riding golf cart at Fort Wilderness is an attraction in itself
  12. A stay at Cabins at Fort Wilderness needs to be on everyone’s bucket list
  13. Wilderness lodge has the most beautiful Christmas decorations
  14. Via Napoli is severely overrated
  15. GotG remains the best attraction at WDW
  16. I need to make an active effort to meet other liners at WDW because liner meets are awesome
  17. There is not enough time to do rides AND enjoy the party offerings at MVMCP. A dedicated park time for rides is needed
  18. Disney Springs is a destination, not an afterthought
  19. Never rely 100% on airlines
  20. Christmas at Disney is magical, but there is nothing like Christmas at home
21 Likes

So we decided to have a Christmas celebration on New Year’s Eve, because, why not?

And that’s a wrap.
Thank you all for following me along on this trip. :two_hearts:

26 Likes

DH looks in pain in the sidecar :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Mark! :wave:

5 Likes

7 Likes

I loved following along!

You and @Enchantedbythemouse were like a dueling pianos version of TR’s. And then they collided and it was so much fun!!

I hope I get to meet you next time :grin:

16 Likes