And so this is Christmas…

and what have we done? :notes:

Something we have never done before: a trip to Disney within 6 months of returning from one.

Here is how it started:

DH: “Mom called - the whole family is going to spend Christmas in Pompano Beach at Aunt T’s house”
Me: “Pompano Beach, sure, but how about we leave a few days earlier and spend some time in Orlando?” ….
DH: “Again? We were literally just there“
Me: “Well, we have never spent the holidays in WDW”
DH: “Yes we have, 2007”
Me: “That ONE day? Christmas Day? That doesn’t count. It was too packed and we didn’t do anything”
DH: :unamused:
DD12 and DD10: “ Well, we have never been to Disney on Christmas”
DH: “Alright, … fine, but we would have to drive there”

Me and the girls: DEAL!

Yesss !!! :clap: :tada: :raised_hands:

Overview of our Plan:

Hotel/Resorts:
Night 1: somewhere near Jacksonville FL
Nights 2 and 3: Lowes Royal Pacific UOR
Nights 4-6: Cabins at Fort Wilderness

Our ADRs: Ok, full disclosure: I hoard ADRs :flushed: but that’s only because I am super indecisive…: at CSR: Maya grill or Toledo?
At Epcot: Coral Reef, Via Napoli or San Angel Inn?
At DS: the Boathouse or go to Jock Lindsey’s?
Then there is Hoop Dee Doo.
We are definitely going to Abracadabar this time, maybe before dinner at Trattoria Al forno.
Maybe Sanaa again.
Maybe Kona Cafe or Sam’s grotto.
I don’t know.

I’m super excited about: Holiday sleigh ride, Chip n’ Dale’s campfire, DS tree stroll, decorating our golf cart, resort tour, Hall of Presidents at MK, riding VC again, seeing DD and DH ride Hagrids for the first time, MVMCP, and cookies - lots of cookies

Now, I don’t have a video of myself playing an instrument like @Tall_Paul1, but I will leave this You Tube video here for you.

Let the holiday magic begin!

https://youtu.be/o35FKKKNOyo

28 Likes

So you’re not another year older? :notes::laughing:

Hope it’s a great trip @Flavita. Safe travels and have a blast!!

10 Likes

Sounds like some fun plans! Have a great trip!

6 Likes

Safe travels!!

You’re coming from PA?

5 Likes

Yep, from Pittsburgh, PA.
We leave tomorrow at the crack of dawn.

15 Likes

Ha ha
another year older (or over?) for the old and the young

5 Likes

I will also give Hulk another chance. It’s just that after riding the VC, everything pales in comparison.

6 Likes

That’s (mostly!) the exact route we take when we drive. I live southeast of you but we head west on I68, then south on I79. Sounds like a great trip is on the way and you missed yesterday’s ice storm! My DD25 and I were at WDW this time last year and it was wonderful. Have the best time and a safe trip!

5 Likes

VC is the best! I don’t even like to ride Hulk anymore. But Hagrid’s is also wonderful!

4 Likes

I love Hulk but VC is hard to beat.

5 Likes

Oh wow - thank you
Where should we stop to eat in NC?

2 Likes

And that’s me realising I’ve been singing the wrong lyrics my entire life :rofl:

6 Likes

Hmmm, I’m not sure I can help much as we usually drive straight through and make fast stops. We often stop in Beckley WV (just on 77 South, near Tamarack) at a rest area for a stretch and bathroom break. Or sometimes at New River Gorge (WV) to go to the bathroom at the Visitor’s Center and go to the overlook. Not that it’s a National Park, there’s a fee I’m sure. We haven’t driven since 2018 and we usually do fast food.

4 Likes

Toledo for sure. The view is incredible and the food is delicious.
San Angel at Epcot.
Boathouse for food. Jock Lindsey’s for fun.

8 Likes

From Charlotte - north that’s my trip back to NY. The 79/77 route is my preferred. As long as the weather is decent, it’s a pleasant drive.

5 Likes

Happens to me all the time

3 Likes

I love road trips, looking forward

4 Likes

Right? So much to do, so little time (and appetite).

3 Likes

It’s easier and faster. Why am I trying to make road trip ADRs? Lol

8 Likes

Have a great trip! And did I miss when you head out?

3 Likes