And so this is Christmas…

You better wave when you pass through Charlotte!

4 Likes

Charlotte is nice…

2 Likes

Thank you, I leave tomorrow morning.

3 Likes

Google tells me there are some interesting places near Charlotte off the interstate. Not sure if you have heard of any of these:

Pirates Landing, in Elk
Pinky’s West Side Grill, in Charlotte

2 Likes

Pinkys! They can be incredibly busy though. I was going to suggest Midwood Barbecue. There are several locations.

1 Like

Good to know!

1 Like

I don’t mean to be a wet blanket, but the amount of time you could add to your trip traipsing in or around Charlotte might be a buzz kill. Southern traffic is not a lot of fun.

1 Like

You are right. I will have to plan to go to Charlotte for my next weekend getaway :blush:

3 Likes

If DH is driving, your handy dandy google maps will show you options on your route.
There is a time for adventure and a time to just get fueled up.
When I am road tripping, per se, I have time for adventures. When I am trying to get where I need to be, I am all about eating at off times and not far from the expressway.

You may be able to do a little of both? Are you open to food trucks? Food trucks are far more common in the south than up north. A lot of gas stations will let them operate out of the corner of the lot.

And – of course – you need to stop at a Buc-ee’s.
There are two near Jacksonville and Daytona. The Jax one can be easy to miss on the southbound route for reasons I haven’t figured out. You can not miss the Daytona one.

6 Likes

I didn’t realize! I had told DH “we’d better eat well in Charlotte because there is no good place for dinner closer to Jacksonville”.

Happy to be wrong! Thank you

4 Likes

Sure! I’m even more excited now with so many possibilities

1 Like

You’re from Pittsburgh? We’re from Pittsburgh! But we’re flying down Monday night (thank you, Southwest points).

2 Likes

OK - technically St. Augustine.

It really is easy to miss on the Southbound drive (I don’t know why) - so I’d use the address:
200 World Commerce Pkwy
Saint Augustine, Florida 32092

3 Likes

There was no fee at New River Gorge when we were there a few years ago. I had just turned 62 and wanted to buy a Senior Lifetime National Park pass, but they told me they don’t sell them there because they don’t collect money for admission. It is a great place to stop, and right off the exit.

3 Likes

:heart: :heart_eyes: :sparkling_heart: this pass. It’s a great deal.

2 Likes

Perfect. Thank you

Cool.
I wouldn’t say I’m from Pittsburgh, because I moved here just last year. I live in the East part of town (Murrysville). We should to get all Western PA liners together sometime.

1 Like

Looking forward to following along

2 Likes

Finished work, turned on out-of-office automatic email replies, and went to the salon to get my nails done.

When I got home…:
Me: “Julia, check out my nails”
DD12: “O. M. G”
Me: “ Do you want your nails like this too?
DD12: “Heck, no. I’m actually scared of the things you are able to do”
Me: ?
DD12: “Like you when you said ‘I want to get manicure with Minnie Mouse design’, I didn’t think you were actually going to do it.

24 Likes

Very cute!

1 Like