And just like that, countdown goes from 33 to 159

Supportive heart. :purple_heart:

Here’s hoping you got all your dough/points back amiga.

2 Likes

I got all my points. Just waiting on moving tickets.

2 Likes

We’ve gone the week after Thanksgiving and it is a dream! Great decorations! Comfortable temperatures and low crowd levels. We thought about rescheduling our trip to that week but I have two high schoolers they would miss too much school. Instead, we are trying mid-October and they “only” miss 3.5 days for a 10-day trip. We’ve never been at that time so we’re excited to see MK decked out for Halloween. Fingers crossed things will have stabilized by then.

1 Like

I’m totally weirded out by the fact that I’ve cancelled both our spring break trip for April to NYC and my solo trip to Alaska for June. I am devoid of trips. I always have something planned—even if it’s just a drive of a few hrs to see family. It is weird to be tripless. :open_mouth: Maybe I should plan a far off trip to WDW…we did only get to see 1.5 days of Universal and are desperate for more…

1 Like

I love this time of year too! But we are really constrained by the school schedule and have to go actual Thanksgiving week so our crowds are awful…but ditto on the nice weather and festive atmosphere. :slight_smile:

So sorry to hear! BLT sounds like a good second place! :hugs:

1 Like

Just stay healthy. That is the most important thing right now. I’m sorry to hear about the dance; I’m sure that would have been very memorable! Perhaps it will be rescheduled once things calm down eventually. Kids are resilient though and while this sucks I have no doubt they will bounce back. I totally understand the stress with being a mom and not being able to be home with them. I’m sad for you as that has to be the hardest part.

1 Like

We were supposed to be leaving in 4 days, and now the countdown is …checks…199 days.

Given the uncertainty, I’m so not interested in (re)planning this trip. Hotels and airfare have all been rebooked, so I guess I’ll just replicate the ADRs we had for the original trip? And probably ignore the trip for the most part until the pandemic picture becomes more clear.

2 Likes

I took the plunge and changed my flights to my backup reservation in November. I’m committed now! Countdown starts over at 234.

3 Likes

I’m proud of you.

I know how hard that was.

It will be so worth the wait :heart:

2 Likes

It came with a bonus! Delta couldn’t do an even trade for the same Friday to Saturday trip, so we get to leave Sunday instead. :tada: Even with having to pay for an extra day at the hotel, we’ll still come out ahead compared to upgrading our Saturday tickets.

2 Likes

We rebooked for Sept1-6 but I’m worried that will be a popular rebook window, thoughts on how much busier it would be than normal? We made the decision a week ago. This is same period they offered free dining if booked in early January.

Were you able to get your money back? I bought a DVC points through David’s for May and I’m worried I will lose it all.

Me?

I own DVC so my points all went back to me and I rebooked for August with them.

I do need to call about my tickets though.