Did any of you who cancelled book room and tickets separately?
The only thing stopping me from cancelling my May 1-9 trip is that I think if I hold out, then I’ll be able to transfer my tickets to our new trip in November without having to pay extra. But then part of me thinks that if I just call Disney and explain to them why I’m rescheduling, that they’ll just change my ticket dates without charging extra. Right now, if I switch online, it’s somewhere between $100-$150 extra to move my tickets to November.
Anywho, I too am not planning on going in May any longer. I honestly think I’d consider going if it was just us, but we really want my MIL to come along, and I’m just not willing to risk her life for it. I’m much more comfortable holding off until the fall.
The other problem, though, is that I can’t shake this sense that this trip just won’t happen at all. I mean, I couldn’t imagine the circumstances under which we would not go on this May trip, hence why I didn’t plan any kind of trip insurance. Now that I know one kind of circumstance that will stop a trip, it’s hard not to imagine other such circumstances coming along later. I’m at least more aware of the fact that the unexpected does indeed happen, and so, it makes it harder to look forward to the trip, even in the fall, because I’m still prepping myself for the possibility that I’ll be disappointed again. Which, now that I think about it, is quite psychologically normal. It just makes it hard to get excited