And just like that, countdown goes from 33 to 159

We went ahead and cancelled our DVC trip scheduled for 4/24 today. We don’t feel things are going to be better by then, and if they are we aren’t sure it will be responsible to travel or whether we would want a partial experience.

We rebooked our trip to 8/28-9/6. We were splitting BC/Kidani, we are now splitting BLT/Kidani. We are good with that.

Now I’m off to rebook flights.

Then I will tackle dining as best I can and figure out all the rest.

Le sigh.

24 Likes

Sigh, it had to be done, sorry. Nothing I can do about my David’s rental for DLR but I am about to cancel my 4/17 trip that was booked thru Disney

2 Likes

Sorry you had to cancel your trip. We cancelled our 4/18 trip last week. On my to-do list was to cancel my United flight. Just this morning, United actually cancelled the flight entirely and issued a credit. I take that as a pretty good sign that things will not be back up and running any time soon.

:crossed_fingers: I hope things clear up for your Aug trip. We have Dec on the books.

4 Likes

I cancelled mine this week too! Looks like we were all going at the same time… still need to do flights.

2 Likes

Sorry. I still haven’t canceled our April trip–no idea why though.

Did any of you who cancelled book room and tickets separately?

The only thing stopping me from cancelling my May 1-9 trip is that I think if I hold out, then I’ll be able to transfer my tickets to our new trip in November without having to pay extra. But then part of me thinks that if I just call Disney and explain to them why I’m rescheduling, that they’ll just change my ticket dates without charging extra. Right now, if I switch online, it’s somewhere between $100-$150 extra to move my tickets to November.

Anywho, I too am not planning on going in May any longer. I honestly think I’d consider going if it was just us, but we really want my MIL to come along, and I’m just not willing to risk her life for it. I’m much more comfortable holding off until the fall.

The other problem, though, is that I can’t shake this sense that this trip just won’t happen at all. I mean, I couldn’t imagine the circumstances under which we would not go on this May trip, hence why I didn’t plan any kind of trip insurance. Now that I know one kind of circumstance that will stop a trip, it’s hard not to imagine other such circumstances coming along later. I’m at least more aware of the fact that the unexpected does indeed happen, and so, it makes it harder to look forward to the trip, even in the fall, because I’m still prepping myself for the possibility that I’ll be disappointed again. Which, now that I think about it, is quite psychologically normal. It just makes it hard to get excited

5 Likes

My countdown goes from 40 to 236. So sad.

I would love to go sooner, but I’m from MI, and quite averse to heat. Florida summers are likely to make me vomit from heat exhaustion. Must avoid at all costs.

5 Likes

:pensive: sorry, but glad you could rebook

2 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

me neither. I know I should and as OBNurseNH said, I don’t know if it would be responsible to go even if they did open. But, I still can’t pull the trigger, I don’t know why. I have other back up trips scheduled but I really loved the schedule I had for the April trip. sigh

4 Likes

Same for me. But I’m really coming around to my December backup plan for the Christmas atmosphere and cool weather. But we’re also planning a DL trip the following May and I’m afraid it will feel like Disney overload

2 Likes

Is that really a thing? lol

3 Likes

I’m holding out for my tickets to get extended as well. Our back up trip is October. Although my DH does not want me to move the flights to October yet. I just don’t think May is going to happen.

1 Like

Though I have an AP, I did buy tickets for the rest of the family separate from the room booking. I cancelled the room and they had no problem changing the tickets from 4/18 to 12/5. They did however charge the difference in cost. It was about an extra $100. (I did call in and speak to a CM about this).

Good choice to move from May to the fall. My pragmatic side tells me the parks probably still won’t be open until at least the summer. I hope I’m wrong.

3 Likes

We are booked to arrive 8/25. Good luck with flights and dining! I checked SW last night out of curiosity.Prices were still reasonable but the options were more than cut in half. We are in upstate NY

@Dreamer, @DisneyDayDreamin I think we are all in denial. I just cant bring myself to cancel my April trip even though I am sure it is not going to happen.

2 Likes

I think for me I just had to cancel our March spring break trip so canceling another trip so soon is just sad.

1 Like

Is that possible?:rofl:

1 Like

Possible. Considering it will use up our entire vacation budget for 2020 and 2021. I’m worried that the DL trip so soon after WDW will feel like a repeat and we will have wished we had done something completely different

1 Like

That’s hard then–it would be difficult to pick.