And just like that, countdown goes from 33 to 159

Thank you! That’s very helpful. Therefore, i will keep my May res just to see if there’s a chance they’ll still be closed and i’ll be able to change tickets without an extra cost. But… I’m still not going until November. I’ll pay extra if i need to, but if i don’t need to, that’s even better.

2 Likes

We considered December but it was going to be a lot harder to find what we wanted, harder to find the right time off to accommodate it due to work, and risky with winter weather.

We’ll take our chances with August and if that falls apart we will again cancel and rebook. Not sure there’s anything else we can do

2 Likes

Yes, we had room (DVC) and tickets separate. But my tickets are not dependent on my room. So therefore if Disney closes I should still be entitled to moving them to my dates in August without feees

2 Likes

Yes, our trip plans were a thing of beauty.

2 Likes

I’m sorry. I hope that you really enjoy the trip in August.
I still need to cancel our spring break trip to NYC. I’ve been waiting around hoping that Amtrak will just cancel the train but it’s getting close and I’d just like to have it over with. We realized a few weeks ago that we definitely couldn’t go. I have already cancelled my cruise for June, and now that cruise doesn’t even exist because it had to go through a Canadian port and those aren’t open then. Weirdness.

7 Likes

I am supposed to be there August 23t to the 28th.

2 Likes

I rescheduled my rescheduled trip today because one of our friends decided to love their May wedding to September and we don’t want to miss it. But this time I moved it up 2 weeks so I went from 189 to 175. Had to set a few alerts for dining reservations, but they worked out ok ish.

1 Like

Hmmmm… so many Liners rebooking for that last week of August. I might have to consider another backup option then. Problem is DS5 starts Kindergarten Aug 19th, and I don’t think DW would like it if I propose we pull him out so quickly after starting.

@NoBellePrizeWinner We’re going about 2 weeks after the start of K also. I figure by then they’ll still be working on rules and routines and she is a rules are life kid so I think she’ll be ok to miss.

We are rolling the dice. Sometimes our district starts before Labor Day, sometimes after.

But we figure with plans in place before the calendar is released we can plead that we didn’t know. Because we don’t.

1 Like

My son and his girlfriend were supposed to go for her birthday which is on Memorial day weekend. I told him maybe he could go Labor day weekend. He rented points so he probably loses out there. He can postpone his Southwest flight. This is a nightmare.

1 Like

For you guys rebooking for August, how’s the ADR going? We are rebooked for Christmas and are reconsidering given what the crowds promise to be. If the August weather isn’t horrible, I’d rebook for then but we are already past the 180 days and I don’t want to miss out on BOG (which we’ve never been to).

If you use the reservation finder I would not worry about missing BOG unless you need a very specific time

2 Likes

There was lots of BOG availability for early September when I booked yesterday. Not as early as August but still inside the 180 day window. The only thing I couldn’t get any time for yesterday was The character breakfast at Tratorria al Forno which I did set up an alert for.

My entire trip is reconstructed with essentially the same plan (with some days flipped and FPP TBA) but overall I have had no issues

3 Likes

I would choose whichever option works best for your family and not worry too much about crowds and ADRs right now. You will be able to figure it out later and make a great travel plan. Things are extremely unpredictable and a lot of things might change

Our countdown went from 1 to… 365+? I can’t even bring myself to start thinking about new plans yet. I’m guessing it’ll be spring break next year, but oh, sigh. I’m still mourning the trip that wasn’t. Like you all, the plans were perfect!

I haven’t gotten our airline voucher confirmation yet - and now I’m freaking out that they might not even be in business next year anyway.
I wish I could get myself psyched about a new trip - the planning would help me spend time while in isolation. Not yet, though.

3 Likes

Sorry you had to reschedule your trip. I know you’ve been looking forward this trip, but you are making the smart decision even if they do open next month. Not worth the risk. Even if the new trip falls on school days I would hope a little more flexibility would be there with the schools. Our 4 aren’t in school yet so I didn’t realize the effects until we Facetimed our nieces yesterday. They seemed really bummed to be missing their friends and activities. Kids need a break from this new reality too.

1 Like

They are so bummed.

My daughter’s dance studio was to have danced at the Globetrotters last weekend
My son is bored silly without any friends to play with.

They are using electronic means to connect just like we are, but it’s not quite the same.

And with my husband and I in healthcare, we are not home allllll day long, so they can’t even get out and go for a drive or on a hike or anything.

It’s stressful for them – and as their mom, unable to be home with them, it’s stressful for me too

4 Likes