And it all starts with a Wish…

Shrimp and grits

5 Likes

Your food and drink photos are making me want to visit Vero Beach.

2 Likes

And now….

6 Likes

5 Likes

It was a bit rich/buttery but good. Just heavy.

3 Likes

I’ve been awake since 5am. Not becuz we had some early morning plan but becuz I cannot sleep since we have to Covid test this morning. Our whole trip rests on todays test. It’s maddeningly stressful for me.

2 Likes

Ugh that is SO stressful!

It is. :crossed_fingers:t3: for you

Which testing are you doing? I found the Inspire process to be seamless and - aside from waiting for that negative result - stress-free.

The same. The antigen one they mail you. I’m going to try and find our zoom code now as our appt is 7:30am. I read somewhere online they can do up to four people on one zoom so I’m just clicking one link. I actually bought the tests in three batches because of when they approved them and I had to write the rest of Gwyns full name on her vaccine card because they denied it the first time for just saying Gwyn though her birth certificate says Gwyneth. I just added the last three letters myself and resubmitted the photo and they approved it becuz I know she was truly vaccinated but I didn’t think the safe passage people would be so strict about gwyn/Gwyneth. So if any of the rest of you have your “nicknames” on your vaccine card and you wanna cruise and it’s not one you can just add some letters like Gwyn, I would hope you can go back to where you were vaccinated and ask for an updated card with your full name.

1 Like

Would they accept an electronic version of the card? For example my state provides a record that can be downloaded to my Apple wallet.

1 Like

Big huge sigh of relief.

18 Likes

Yay! When do you sail?

1 Like

It’s a digital upload so I’m betting yes. Everything is all digital. Like even your cruise checkin so you have to take a pic of your passport or ID and birth certificate as well as a selfie (shoulders up, no hats or background objects) and upload that too. Which be prepared with all of that ready to go at 12am on the 30 day mark so you can check in as fast as possible and get a good port return time (unless you’re concierge because they can checkin whenever they want. Snobs. Lol).

2 Likes

Two days. Aug 5

2 Likes

Thanks! Two days?! Will you have trouble sleeping the night before? So exciting!

1 Like

I dont know. I think this part was the scariest but the excitement could keep me up. This is only my 2nd Disney cruise and it’s the new ship so it’s pretty exciting. Our first day onboard hubby and I just have a spa appointment booked and I’m gonna try to get the girls a massage (you can’t do teens till you’re on board probably because you have to sign a waiver) and then dinner at our MDR which will either be Arrendelle or Marvel. Otherwise we can just explore and relax. This is just nothing like going to a park in terms of exhausting yourself. Lol.

Today is NASA after the girls finish getting dressed and we grab a quick breakfast in the quick service. I’m pretty excited about that too. Astronaut is still really my dream job. I’m loving the Apple TV For All Mankind show. I’ve never been to this NASA, just the one in Houston. I think this one has more space and rockets!

7 Likes

Oh that’s interesting. It was just me so I have no experience with it at all.

Let me just say that it’s not really proctored. To me, proctored means they see the whole process and stay with you the whole time to ensure compliance with the process.

I logged in, the woman walked me through the testing. There is no way she could see my test on the table from the angle she was at. So she has no idea how many drops I put into the sample well. Also, after she “saw” me do that part she said, "Okay I’m going to go help some others with their tests. I have set the timer for 10 minutes and I’ll be back to read your test then.

And she left me completely unattended! No video or sound on me at all. I could have had other tests around that were negative to show her when she came back.

It’s theater, really. It was seamless and stress free. But it’s not really as proctored as they want you to think it is. I’m certain people are working the system in all kinds of ways to avoid missing their ship.

3 Likes

They will just add it to the SafePassage website and you’ll get notification you’re set to sail.

1 Like

Medicate. I slept like a baby the night before - thank you benadryl

1 Like

I wouldn’t do that. But Oh my goodness. Our girl stayed with us and redirected the camera to the tests for the 10 min but after mine hit 10 and the girls were still at 5 she said she never saw one go positive at that point and stopped watching. She did wait ten min to enter it but she didn’t make me prove it past that. It stayed negative. In my personal experience when we’ve tested positive it goes positive immediately.

3 Likes