An Incredible-y Contemporary Belated Birthday Trip!

Just got my room ready text so I have now changed the trip report title!!

I’m in building 5 in the Garden Wing rather than my requested building 6 in the Garden Wing. It looks to be trees towards pool view rather than a view of the lake, but it’s 3rd floor like I requested and from the room finder on here looks to be non-connecting.

I’m super excited anyway!!!

17 Likes

Yay!!

4 Likes

Oh yay! I don’t think we’ve had a recent Contemporary report, can’t wait to see how you like it.

5 Likes

Yay!!

2 Likes

Oooo contemporary!!! Nice! Enjoy

3 Likes

Yay! Can’t wait to hear about it!

2 Likes

On Mears Connect waiting to head out.

Flight was uneventful. The pilots thought coming in was going to be worse than it was due to storms - bad enough they had the flight attendants get in their seats 20 minutes out! (I was on the airport monorail with them and we were chatting.)

We did get to deplane - MCO has trucks to pull the gates to the planes - but were warned that luggage would be delayed. It was by about 10 minutes.

I know it is first world problems - especially since my bag made it - but it is irksome that the Priority tags put on First Class bags has no bearing on when it comes out with United. Other lines it is in a special area that is unloaded first. But it is a minor quibble. Like I said, I have my bag.

Hopefully we will be heading out soon. We have the MK area resorts and the 2 French Quarter ones which seems bizarre. Ah well. I’m in Orlando!

16 Likes

Omg you left 8+ hours ago and just arrived??

3 Likes

We have only been on for 15 minutes and a lady is complaining about the wait. You should have done the private service then woman.

7 Likes

EWR tends to be a nightmare so I headed out early. Flight was slated for 3:45 and we left about 4.

5 Likes

Yay! It soothes my anxious heart a little every time I read about a smooth travel experience. I will now attempt to stop looking at this until you’re finished, because I can’t take the suspense. :joy:

8 Likes

can-confirm-katy

The only 2 times I’ve ever been involuntary bumped were at EWR. I took to arriving as early as I possibly could and trying to get standby on earlier flights if I had to fly out of there.

5 Likes

Some cloud pics from the flight…

14 Likes

Just taking a guess that Contemporary will be next to last, leaving “Karen” to whine and whine.

She’s actually crying and being all “This is all my fault.”

I mean, it is in that she chose to book the non-instant and non-private service.

But seriously…I had Magical Express rides where I sat on the bus for OVER 20 minutes and was still at the last resort dropped off. She was massively lucky if every single DME ride she had left as soon as she boarded and her group was the first drop off.

5 Likes

Sounds as tho she’s missing a very important date or is in dire need of fluids and fuel.

ABS: always bring snacks

6 Likes

Yup!

Thankfully Contemporary is last so I get a little bit of ride in peace!

4 Likes

Have an amazing trip!

3 Likes

Oh good grief. She needs to get a life.

3 Likes

Super cute room!! I’ll get a pic of the view in the morning and submit for room finder. It is connecting - which room finder says not. But that’s ok.

Having some Cheetos (wish I had chopsticks!) and then will get a shower then bed!

25 Likes

I really like the look!

4 Likes