An Incredible-y Contemporary Belated Birthday Trip!

Yeah, it is a lot cuter than I thought! Still has that new room smell too!

7 Likes

I want that Edna pillow!!

4 Likes

It is super cute!!

1 Like

That was at 8pm? Like… what did she need to be at the resort before 8:30pm for?

Then again, with the way air travel has been lately maybe they were supposed to arrive several hours earlier, and had planned a park visit or something.

5 Likes

Fairly sure the kid can’t eat cheetos without chopsticks. :smile:

They recently acquired some nice wood sticks.

5 Likes

I think she had just planned to be in the Club Level lounge all night.

True - they could have been on a delayed flight. I don’t think a park was planned - just hanging in the Club. Maybe she had wanted to be there to see fireworks from the Club lounge (can you see them from there?). IDK.

There were 2 other women (mom and daughter I think) with me for Contemporary and we all told the driver she had done a great job - and I confirmed that we had only been sitting 18 minutes - because we figure she got an earful at the Poly. We tipped her well too.

7 Likes

Off to Animal Kingdom for the day!! Once the bus comes!

20 Likes

have the best day at the best park!

3 Likes

Checked in for breakfast!!

I just wandered to start - got the first 2 sculptures. I think a couple of kids with grandparents think I’m magic because I made them talk. :rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

Breakfast at Tusker House!!

So yummy!!

And y’all! I did not expect to be so emotional about hugs being back!!! Granted it started with the first table they would hit where the mom said about the little girl “It’s her first time getting to hug you! She’s only been able to look and wave before!” But continued with me!!

25 Likes

I love it! Great pictures!

4 Likes

Yes, you can see the fireworks from the CL lounge balcony, plus they have an evening dessert & drinks service. I’ve never stayed CL there, but at Grand Flo in 2016 the dessert reception started around 8:00 or 8:30 and ended when the lounge service hours ended. The hors d’oeuvres hours always ended like an hour before that started, so it’s not as though they would have made it if there were no stops.

2 Likes

The food was soooooo good!! But I had to be careful not to overeat because a super full stomach and heat does not mix well with me.

9 Likes

It looks great— wasn’t even on my radar!!

2 Likes

Yes, this. :+1: At buffets my plate looks like a palette with all the little [separate] [discreet] splotches of each food choice. Affords a taste of each yet avoids that annoying full feeling. :blush:

4 Likes

I’m around. Just been hanging with friends most of the day. I’ll update more later, but a pic of Greta to tide you over because it doesn’t want to let me upload more.

20 Likes

Ok… In for the night - did feet up the wall, showered, hydrated (need to do more of that tomorrow!!)

Overall a great day!! The only thing my friends and I wanted to do that we didn’t get to was Dinosaur because it went down around 4 or so - so we got anytime passes. We were going to use them on Safari, but the line was only 5 minutes when we got there so we did that. Before lunch and stuff we saw Lion King and Nemo. Lunch was at Satu’li between Flight of Passage and Na’vi River.

We got stuck for about 5 minutes because some wildebeest were right at the road and one was laying partly in it and giving absolutely zero Fs.

They left just after to drive home, so I wandered a bit and did a couple more safaris. Ironically with the same driver!

The Greta pic in the post above was funny. She was being a brat and annoying her mom and at that one she like launched herself out of the water. Then she was bugging mom under the water and mom either farted or pooped at the water surface with her tail going like mad. :rofl::rofl:

We had a BIG hold up because rhinos were in the road, but we got a great view of the male lion standing up and stretching (you could tell we were all cat people because most of us in the truck said “Ooh! Big stretch!!” He then proceeded to to his business and then move to the other side to lie down.

When we were able to move a bit, an ostrich walked towards us and right up to the truck sides. Apparently a lot of us also follow Knucklebump Farms (home of Emanuel the Emu) because a number of us were like “Make good choices! Don’t choose violence!”

(Those are not zoomed in!!! That is how close she was!)

The rhino jam was Lola and Logan and Jao and Mylo. I got to see all 3 babies today!! I think this is Mylo, but not 100…

Then I got on the walk up waitlist at Nomad and it said 10 but it was taking longer so I opted for the bar. Had a Snow Leopard Salvation and churros.

Then I went to Na’vi River Journey again twice on the Anytime pass (I had booked Dinosaur again so I could use the Anytime on Na’vi and that converted as well.)

The second was the only slightly bad experience - the CM had put me behind a mom and daughter and when the boat was pulling up, the mom was like “Wait. She put you with us?” And then tried to make it better by saying “Nothing against you, but I wanted to ride alone with my daughter.” (I am still unclear if she thought they could have a whole boat or she just wanted the row.) I didn’t want to get in trouble by not getting on and was going to go let the CM know but mom yanked her daughter back to go and speak with the CM. So I got the row to myself. I didn’t look back at the rafts behind when we were getting off to see how it had resolved. It turned out fine, but it never feels good to have someone be like “You’re with us?” in a negative tone.

But I shook it off and got in line for Flight to close out the night.

Refilled my mug on my way from the bus to my room, then did my post park day rituals. And posting!

Tomorrow is Epcot!!

25 Likes

Your safari pics are great! The animals were out in force today.

Sorry about the one not so nice event. How rude that woman was!

So, the churros at Nomad are GF?

6 Likes

Thanks! Yeah - I saw a lot of animals which was fabulous!

I have no idea what her issue was. But at least she said she would go and talk to the CM rather than leaving me standing there to get yelled at.

They are!! Automatically so I don’t even have to ask special for them!! I will say I miss the old kinda spicy berry sauce - the coffee is ok, but not the same.

7 Likes

MDE does work!! Also got an ILL - though it would never load to let me use a gift card. Gonna chat with Guest Experiences to see about that for the next days.

6 Likes