Am I The Only Person Who Is Angry About Disney's Ticket Refund Policy?

It actually has everything to do with it… They are who YOU decided to do business with. You made the call to not deal with Disney. You gave NO money to Disney, yet because of the unwillingness of the seller to make you whole, you want Disney to swoop in and make it right. This is where I just disagree with your position. I wouldn’t expect someone who I did not transact with to refund the money that I never paid them. You paid the broker, not Disney. There is no money for them to refund you.

That said, I do feel you have the same, very legitimate case with your unnamed broker. They should refund you the money they collected from you for tickets that can not be used. Just looks like your mad at the wrong company to me.

5 Likes

But there are vendors that are doing this. So again, looks like this is a vendor issue. A poster above reported no issues getting a refund from Under Cover Tourist. So it looks like a vendor call to me.

1 Like

I would be curious to find out how they pick and choose? Some vendors seem to be much better about refunding and others strictly follow the policy, and it seems like Disney itself is the same way, they have a policy, but it definitely seems like some people have decent luck in getting them to refund them anyway. I doubt that the vendors who are being more lenient are just eating the cost.

I have no idea. But I don’t plan on using any third party again. And Disney being inconsistent doesn’t work either. Disney needs to come up with a better solution for situations such as this. Hopefully they will.

Edited to add: What about the APs that were bought 3rd party? I remember hearing Sam’s Club or Costco selling APs back when the prices went up. People were buying them to get the lower price. Are those people getting money back like those who bought straight from Disney?

See, even if UCT doesn’t refund my tickets, I have used them for like 20 years and have never had a problem, and they have saved me more than I am likely to lose, so I am likely to keep using them. IIRC I saved $200.00 on the tickets I have now,(I also bought them right before the price hike) and even though I am postponing our current trip we will use them eventually. If I needed the cash right now I would probably be upset and feel very differently about it.

1 Like

Good question about the AP.

APs are not being refunded for anyone. If they are not activated you have until 2030 or so to activate. Anyone with an active AP will have an extended expiration date.

I thought I read that they could elect to have a partial refund.

1 Like

This has changed, partial refunds are a possibility, but I bet it’s only if you bought through Disney directly.

I keep on thinking this in other terms. I purchase a piece of Disney by buying DVC. Disney keeps most of the rooms, including DVC rooms, for them to rent out (sell). If I took what I bought from Disney (my DVC) and sold it (or rented it) the purchaser would deal with me. Disney is not the seller.

1 Like

Maybe but those Sam’s Club APs were two increases ago?

Those stores still sell APs.

Edit: Sorry, looked at an old article. They were selling them last summer, so less than a year ago.

They could, but Disney is not giving a partial refund on tickets, are they? They are extending (well, that could be a refund with date based tickets).

I doubt you can get the partial refund on ap’s you bought 3rd party, the more I think about it, that would be super complicated, you could have bought them several years ago and just activated them.

1 Like

I was just curious because I’ve seen no mention of it.

1 Like

No, but some people have been able to get full refunds on date based tickets.

1 Like

Absolutely, if purchased direct from Disney they have refunded fully.

1 Like

But there are third party vendors that can, do, and are offering refunds - openly. I’m sure UT and Tripster aren’t doing it at a loss. So I agree with the others who have stated that your phone calls and efforts need to be focused on the vendor, not Disney. In many cases, even when all is normal, Disney can’t do anything to tickets bought through third party vendors. I’m not surprised they can’t refund.

I would be curious who you bought through, not to question the legitimacy of your transaction, because these boards are a great source of reviews and recommendations. Would love to know which company is handling things in this way.

3 Likes

Agreed.

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding preachy, this and all products not bought directly from Disney (ie third party ticket sales, dvc rental markets) fall under “you get what you paid for”. If you want full protection under Disney policy, you’d better purchase from them. Otherwise you are subject only to the protections that are outlined by whatever third-party with whom you transact.

5 Likes