Am I The Only Person Who Is Angry About Disney's Ticket Refund Policy?

Our first trip to WDW we booked 3 weeks ahead of time. We knew we may not get everything, but it did cut down on worrying about FPs and reservations.

1 Like

Because I know how to use FPP to my advantage it’s great, but let’s be honest it really is actually a huge scam.

1 Like

Or that you even think lawyers are practically people :wink:

1 Like

Plan B would be trying to re-sell your tickets. Not sure how to proceed with that, but people around here could figure something out.

1 Like

They were Disney World e-tickets and they had already been linked.

1 Like

Just curious what 3rd party vendor you are dealing with

Thanks. That makes me think it’s worth giving them a call.

This.

I thought UCT was the only authorized reseller.

There are at least a few others, like when you buy them through Costco, or Disney authorized TA’s I think there is also a list of authorized re-sellers on touring plans somewhere.

1 Like

I purchased from the Official Ticket Center. There are a bunch of others listed on TP.

1 Like

Agree with this. How can you be upset with someone that you never had a transaction with? And if the 3rd party is so reputable, why not just name them instead of just saying they are very reputable.

This would be like me asking DVC to refund me for renting points through David’s. When you buy from a 3rd party, your recourse has to come from the 3rd party. I am in the same boat, bought from UT. I actually was surprised and pleased with Disney’s stance that they would move the dates on these or apply the value to a future visit. If I want a refund, the only logical route is to go back to the legitimate company I bought my tickets from, for me that is UT. For you… Don’t know, but it’s not Disney.

Sorry, this is not Disney’s fault. You didn’t buy from Disney.

5 Likes

Ah. I thought you purchased your tickets from Disney directly. Yes, there is definitely more risk involved if purchased through a third party- ANY third party, no matter how reputable.

2 Likes

The vendor I purchased from offered a very small discount over purchasing directly through Disney. The ticket is legitimate and I was able to link it to MDE easily. I believe Disney allows the vendor to purchase tickets from them at a small discount and pass some of that discount on to the consumer. But I have no doubt that Disney was paid for the ticket by the vendor, after I paid the vendor.

The issue remains Disney’s refund policy. If Disney would authorize a refund, the vendor would as well. It’s all in Disney’s hands. Disney is holding the funds and they created the refund policy.

1 Like

I believe the ticket is legitimate but you did not purchase it from Disney.

1 Like

I refrained from naming the vendor because it has nothing to do with the issue. Whether it is Costco, or Undercover Tourist, or any other authorized reseller of tickets, the issue remains Disney’s decision to disallow refunds on tickets purchased for dates on which the parks will not open.

I am sorry your money is locked up and you aren’t getting the refund that would help you. I think the difference is this forum does have more than a handful of anecdotal counts of people with tickets from WDW who are communicating with them on a one-by-one basis and finding a resolution.

I would also be in your shoes, as I usually buy from UCT and I would not have the luxury of communicating with WDW either. My last trip was through an organization and I don’t know how that would have been handled. They worked with WDW directly for our extremely large homeschool group.

I hope you are able to sell them or go at a later date. I would be very stressed having money locked into a ticket if I wasn’t going to be able to travel. I hope you can get some return on your investment.

2 Likes

Have to agree with @PrincipalTinker here. Any refunds have to be with who you bought from, not Disney. Disney doesn’t know how much you paid for the ticket. Only the vendor does. Disney can only know what they would sell the ticket for at any given time. But even then, it can matter when. If you buy the ticket at a discount before Disney raises the prices, all Disney knows is what the ticket would cost for those dates if they sold it. If they refunded you directly, how much would they refund? Again, the vendor knows, not Disney.

2 Likes

Just to throw this out there, but this is why you keep receipts, especially when you spend a couple thousand. If Disney really wanted to know how much I paid, I can present the receipt. To me, that’s pretty simple. But it is what it is. Luckily I plan on using my tickets. Stinks for those who don’t.

Why would they refund if you did not purchase from them?

3 Likes

I’m not saying they would. He asked how they would know how much to reimburse you. I was playing devils advocate and saying a receipt.

But I don’t think Disney is off the hook here. For example, when you buy concert tickets through a third party vendor, the vendor is reimburses when the concert is cancelled, and then the vendor reimburses the customer. Disney could do the same with their own third party vendors. If someone wants a refund, Disney reimburses the vendor, who reimburses the customer. I understand the situation. I’m not looking for a refund. I just don’t agree that Disney is completely Scott-free of all responsibility.

4 Likes