Am I normal, or has Disney planning made me slightly insane?

I’ve decided to become a communist.

There should be one restaurant. That’s it. It’s open for one hour at lunchtime. And everyone goes to it.

And one ride. And everyone joins the queue with no priority.

Much less stressful.

I hate choice.

4 Likes

I once thought I would go back to living s normal life too…
But alas, I have found even this forum to be addicting. Can you imagine if I they had rehab for people like us? We would all end up together on a plane bound for Orlando!

3 Likes

Are you sure that would be rehab and not “enabling”?

Either way, I’m game.

3 Likes

I just came back from Club Med Turks and Caicos (fabulous for solo travellers, fyi). Adults only. There was only one restaurant, one pool and the most fabulous beach in the world. Only decision I had to make is, should I have another shot of vodka, or not.

This upcoming trip, I will probably be on Xanax or Ativan to manage my anxiety trying to keep up with Fastpass times, ADR’s and 3 kids. Communism would have benefitted me on this trip lol

2 Likes

I really wish that we were all going the same time so that we could all meet up in person for dole whips while our signifant others and kids stare at us wondering if this is what the Disney looney bin looks like :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That literally made me laugh out loud! :rofl:

DH would be staring at me in disbelief wondering who is this person that knows what a dole whip is? And why has she put a slot for it down on our spreadsheet???

1 Like

What sort of heathen has no idea what a Dole Whip is, anyway? Run (don’t walk) away from such a being. :wink:

1 Like

I know seriously! And we are the crazy ones?!

You are not alone! I am having major planning withdrawals because we’ve decided to skip taking a trip to WDW in 2018. I’m currently planning two non-WDW trips, one to Vegas in June and a cruise in December, but it’s not the same. I’m a spreadsheet planner and I stare at the Vegas spreadsheet like it’s magically going to become a WDW trip. It’s really sad.

1 Like

i have never had a dole whip yet (the horror!!) but I’ve read so much about them that I already know what it tastes like. I also feel this way about the o’hana bread pudding and am constantly praying to the ADR gods to just find me the damn O’hana dinner reservation already :slight_smile:

Yeah, but you at least know what it is!

As for the 'Ohana reservation, when I gave the ADR finder a week to work with, it found me 5 different options over the course of a week and a half of looking. Yours will come through!

My luck they would through us in MK with no teck, no paper, and no posted schedules.

1 Like

When I started planning my “fake/wishful thinking” trip for this August a few weeks ago, I archived my Disney files from last year. There were 53 separate spreadsheet files, with different variations of dates, version X, revised/updated labels! And of course many tabs within the spreadsheets.

I’ve always been an intensive planner and use spreadsheets for all of my trips, but Disney raised it to a whole new level!

I bow down to you. That is some very impressive planning. You deserve a lifetime supply of zebra domes, or Mickey pretzels for your efforts.

:rofl: My DH was the one who said he didn’t want to go more than once a few years ago. Now he’s our DVC points researcher who has multiple point spreadsheets and has stated that if we do the dining plan he wants all of his snacks to be Dole Whips.

Is there a Dole Whip emoji? There should be.

3 Likes

Dole whips are the cornerstone of the perfect Disney experience. That being said, TP moderators, if there you’re reading this, please create a dole whip emoji.

4 Likes

I’m glad I found this post. I’ve been so obsessed with my planning, but now I’m wondering how I’ll feel if for some reason we don’t get to the park on time and our timings are all off. For those of you who’ve been before and followed your plan, how closely to it did you stick?

Once we got in the parks we just enjoyed it. The plan let us do this. My family was so appreciative that we didn’t need to discuss what to do next. They just asked ok mom where do we go now? I was the one however that had to walk sometimes while looking at my phone if we were getting off track. But then again the over planning came to the rescue. I had so many permiations of the plan engrained in my mind that it was easy to go back and reoptomize on TP. We had one AK EM day that we got a later start than intended but even that ended up being ok. We still got on Na’vi with just a little longer than anticipated wait. We also shortened a few of our days to allow more rest time (can you believe that they wanted to rest on their vacation ?!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) and that was ok too.
So basically once you are there just relax and have fun!

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with having a plan B (or C,D). My plan was always just to use my 3 fast passes for the morning, have qs service at whichever park I’m at, get new fast passes for the evening with whatever options they had, head back to hotel to nap (me, not the kids lol), then head back to another park It’s funny because I’m planning this trip like a maniac (the adr and fp tools are so fun and since I’m a visual person, I love seeing all the tp plans laid out) but know that once I get to the parks I’ll chill because at that point, weather, ride breakdowns etc. are beyond my control. I won’t even think about anyone getting sick in the trip…