Am I normal, or has Disney planning made me slightly insane?

LOL I don’t see a spread sheet profmatt might get upset.

2 Likes

I would have given him a ride to work after I made the FFP’s, forget the bus, I don’t care if your late to work and lose your job.

2 Likes

SOA looks good, I debated it as well for the family (only because I really wanted O’hana dinner but impossible at this point for 7 people at a logical dinner time - ie, not at 9:55 pm). The kicker for me is that they don’t serve the bread pudding for dessert during SOA, it’s only at O’hana. So it was a no go for me lol

Our first day is Father’s Day and I was able to get ADR for 9 for Ohana at 6:45. The rest of our trip it is only the 3 of us. Breakfast at Ohana, and BOG, Dinner at: LTT, H&V, Biergarten, Boma, and SoA, Lunch at BoG. As you might be able to tell I love the Polly,(wish I could afford to stay there.)

1 Like

You’re probably insane. No turning back now. Embrace it - we have :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Ha ha - you are NOT ALONE!!! Sounds like you’ve learned so many of the tricks. I said that this was our first trip (end of Jan) and would be THE TRIP and I planned FPPs, character dinings like a lunatic. It was fun and stressful. Like the wedding let-down. Now that the wedding is over… how will I spend my time??? I have DD3 and DD5 - and DH (who was game for DW but never would have done it if I didn’t want to) and he told me SO MANY TIMES during the trip - " this was great planning, I’m so glad we did this. You did such an amazing job." That was worth it. DD3 and DD5 certainly have no clue how much work went into it and they shouldn’t. I’ll be telling them next time, though, LOL.

3 Likes

We’re west coast. DL 4x. Almost ready for our first DW trip next month. SIL hasn’t taken my nieces yet, 7 and 5. My wife told her I’d plan their trip for them. At this point, I could do DL in my sleep

1 Like

This is exactly our strategy as well. Love this forum!!!

Yes, I’m pretty sure that nightly I fall asleep to the sounds of “8am ADR at crystal palace, then 9am FP to Peter Pan’s flight, try to run to small world first, etc…”

1 Like

You described it perfectly, although I feel like WDW planning was so much more fun then planning the wedding. My hubby has not been involved in the planning at all, I think that he’s in fact, dreading the trip. You should see his face when I try to initiate daily Disney chats during dinner time, lol

4 Likes

I’m also an obsessive planner!

Someone at work joked about needing a spreadsheet for my trip… he quickly learned it wasn’t a joke and that I did indeed have several versions of a plan in a spreadsheet. The versions all depending on how tired I get and how much I’m into park hopping.

The fast pass adjustment window is insane. Once I’m in the park past my first 3 FPP I get slightly obsessed again.

I’m more of a QS than TS diner so I don’t really plan any ADRs. It might break me if I did!

2 Likes

I used to love the planning - now I loath it - to the point where we basically don’t go much anymore. Additionally the cost is unexcusable IMHO. We go to more excotic local now

1 Like

Are you telling me there are people who only make one spreadsheet for their trips? Are these people savages?

8 Likes

I’m always wondering what is it about Disney? When we went our first time last fall it was going to be the one and only, but before we had even gone I was already starting to plan our second trip. Now we have 251 days to go! I have already made and canceled multiple ADRs… In my mind! I have flip-flopped our park days. I have booked and canceled different resorts as well. I think it has just become my new favorite hobby! Before our first trip I could not understand why people would want to go back to Disney World so many times. Honestly I used to think those people are crazy… Now I am one of them!

3 Likes

I know! Every trip, I say this might be our last one for a long time, and then we get there. Went last March and have three trips planned for the next 14 months (May, Nov, Mar). Lots of planning to do–
let the insanity continue

1 Like

I find your lack of self-discipline shocking.

Last year I went on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to WDW. I spent a fortune because I knew this would be my only trip.

So. There you go. Self-discipline. Learn from me.

Changing the subject, I’m going again in June. Which is technically less than a year since my last trip. And I’m thinking about going again in April next year for my 50th.

What? I didn’t say whose lifetime it would be once-in-a-lifetime. I was talking about the lifetime of a fruit fly.

12 Likes

That may, in fact, have been the least trite thing you’ve ever said here.

3 Likes

Oh crap, I keep telling myself that since it’s a once in a lifetime trip for our family it’s completely acceptable to check ADR availability several times a day for fun. I thought that after my trip I can go in to live a normal life (that doesn’t include memorizing every single Disney ride and restaurant acronym).

2 Likes

ADR’s have already broken me. I wouldn’t be surprised if I changed my mind when we’re on the trip and cancel half of hem lol. QS dining certainly has it’s advantages :slight_smile:

There is something satisfying about cancelling nd rebooking this far in advance without any financial consequences :slight_smile: