Already Off the Rails... A Live-ish Trip Report

Woot woot! So excited for me…er, I mean you! :laughing:

(Not because that will be me and my family checking in at AKL 3 weeks from today or anything…taking notes…sunshine margarita…)

6 Likes

@eeeevah
Sorry for the totally self-interested questions, but was it the Cape Mountain Mule? Do you usually like mules? It’s one of DH’s go-to drinks so he may hone in on that one…may need to caution him…

1 Like

Where are you seeing that menu?

1 Like

Yay!!! Welcome Home! 4 days until we join you!!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

TP, of course! :joy:

3 Likes

This is what I see from Disney

But I don’t see tuna on it for food

2 Likes

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/maji-pool-bar/menus/

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t see a mule on there so I checked the TP menu. No tuna though?

ETA: Never mind. I didn’t scroll far enough. Looks like most of the same drinks on both.

ETA2: That Marula Shake should be even more enticing for DH so I’ll steer him there.

1 Like

It was the cape mountain mule. I looked at the Disney menu on the website, not the app, and saw it there. (It’s not on the posted menu here.) It just didn’t have enough ginger in it for me. It tasted like whiskey and a splash of lime.

And then yeah, the tuna pita platter was NOT on the online menu but it was on the posted one here.

4 Likes

Woot Woot!!! :tada::tada:

A girl get used to taking these types of selfies…

19 Likes

Oh yeah! Love it.

1 Like

Never did manage to snag an ADR for Sanaa dinner (three different texts from Mouse Alerts and all gone by the time the link loaded). Lucky for us, though, Sanaa is now available to go. So we picked up some bread service, samosas, the biriyani chicken, a bottle of Chardonnay, and the triple chocolate mousse. We got a 1BR savannah view room so we ate our meal while watching giraffes and zebras and elands and cranes roam outside our window. Bread service was really good, though some of the dips were more spicy than I care for. Samosas were good but DH complained they weren’t fried/greasy enough! Too sophisticated!! Chicken was delicious. We’ve just tucked the very tired children in for the night so I’ll report back on the mousse in a bit. It’s been a loooong three days but it feels so good to be here. We move to Beach Club tomorrow for the remainder of our stay and I’m looking forward to unpacking for more than a night.

35 Likes

What a great way to spend the night! Take out from somewhere yummy and a show!

1 Like

Yay you made it!! Sounds like a great night!! Enjoy that mousse!!

2 Likes

I could sit and watch that savanna all day long! I’m glad you had some quality time there. Take out Sanaa in your room is perfect.

6 Likes

What fabulous views!

1 Like

What a great idea to get it and eat at the room. I think that would be relaxing.

1 Like

It’s a Mother’s Day miracle! I wanted to be at the bus stop at 6:30. And we WERE!! Unfortunately, the only bus that got here before 7 was not going to the right park. But we’re on and on our way at 7:01…

(PS I’m not a coffee drinker but it’s DH’s lifeblood…the hotel doesn’t have any available until 7:30. I really just don’t understand how hotels don’t cater to early risers ever…)

20 Likes

Have a great day today!

Could you have made a pot of coffee?

1 Like