"Aloha!" Aulani Sept 5-15, 2022 (completed TR)

:yum:

2 Likes

The jalapeño buttermilk dip for onion rings was outstanding

14 Likes

Omg it’s nearly 11pm here and you’ve been up since 4something? What a loooong day.

7 Likes

Those onion rings look amazing.

3 Likes

They are so good.

2 Likes

Our room for the next two days

19 Likes

That patio looks so lush and tropical! I’m officially jealous.

5 Likes

There’s water trickling by too. I can’t wait to sit out there. It’s a standard view studio. On lobby floor. And we got pinned by housekeeping

17 Likes

I did ask last year after the third pat down. They were evasive with their answer. I stopped wearing underwires after moving to FL to stop the chaffing (TMI sorry) and found Bliss bras from lane Bryant that offer great support and are extremely comfortable. TSA would check my bra area when I was still wearing them. Honestly, I think it has to do with body heat bc they patted down DH’s back and it was heated up from wearing a back pack

Yes, TSA has told me this too.

4 Likes

I never asked about being patted down but did do some internet searching. I have lymphedema, so heavier arms and legs. Areas that always get flagged. On the plus side, all the TSA agents have been respectful and actually fun to chat with. I’d still rather not fly. :blush:

5 Likes

Flying was a drag today but I’ll share more later. Thanks for the info about lymphoma

4 Likes

Last year they didn’t have refillable mugs or popcorn but they do this year :partying_face:

I also grabbed two of my favorite things from last year to go with my morning coffee. From Ulu Cafe QS

15 Likes

Just got in a lap in the lazy river before it closes at 6 pm. The kid at the towel hut gave us our DVC bands for today and tomorrow :partying_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Now I’m just hanging out on the lanai listening to the water

16 Likes

Movie que? I watched Jurassic World ( couldn’t wait for it to end) and started watching Ceryno. Read a whole Harry Dresden novelletta. And watched some Big Bang. Took 3 naps too.

4 Likes

This has been a tough TSA year for me. I’ve gone through TSA 8 times this year. Every single time, I’ve been ‘patted’ down. More than half of those times was because I forgot my headband has a wire. Good grief! The headband is less than an 1/8 inch wide! I keep on forgetting to take it off. I’ve been wearing headbands a lot since the pandemic started. One time it was because I was wearing jeans, which I did don’t normally wear when I fly. TSA said it was the zipper. :roll_eyes: Another time, I had elastic waisted pants and they patted down the crouch area! They did that in private. They couldn’t explain that one. Well, that was the leg that all 4 of us were patted down. TSA must have thought our family was each smuggling a piece that connected together to be something dangerous. And one time, it was for the buttons that were on the side of my capris.

5 Likes

Blueberry Cream Cheese Scone! :yum: My mouth is watering. We love the ones at Diamond Head Market and Grill. If you would recall, we walked from the Hawaiian Village to Diamond Head Market and Grill in May to buy a few to take home.

4 Likes

I’ve been patted down in precheck too…I’ve often wondered if it’s my bra.

2 Likes

Not the same as TSA but I always get wanded on VC, even though I have nothing in my pockets, no jewelry or anything. We think it must be bra hooks :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

DH told me that I walk too fast thru the metal detector at VC and that’s why I get wanded. I try to slow down now and it has seemed to help.

5 Likes

Hmm I will have to try that.

2 Likes