ALL Disneyland APs are CANCELLED

I had the flex pass and was able to make last minute reservations. I think spontaneity may still be a possibility.

3 Likes

All of the liner friends that have the flex pass really liked it! I will have to ask them more about how it worked. I had a feeling the last few years Disney was trying to do away with the So Cal AP and try to offer a flex pass type for all. I am thinking I would be willing to pay more for no reservation and less blocked days. My next priority would be photos and a Max Pass? I like the idea of Special event discounts and really like a 30% on food and Merch. And a Rewards program too?? :star_struck::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Here are a couple better pictures of the survey

2 Likes

The SoCal passes weren’t unblocked until after Labor Day. I know because DD20 had one and we had to buy her a two day ticket for our last-week-of-August trip (she was able to use her pass for DCA). The crowd levels that week were 1 or 2. I have never seen it that empty. My Deluxe Pass was unblocked for the second half of August, 2019.

We ended up getting her a Flex Pass (upgrading her two day ticket) and for $200 more it felt like a bargain. She could go freely on all of the days open to her SoCal pass and could make reservations for weekends and Fridays (which were also mostly blocked for the SoCal pass). But I wondered how it would go if more and more people got the Flex Pass. We never had an issue making a reservation, but that could have changed if the pass had become more popular. Even though she was a resident of SoCal, she lives a good hour drive (in the middle of the night) or more (two hours at least during heavy traffic), so she didn’t go on a whim or weekly, etc.

The night time can be so crowded at DL - you can barely move! Even a day where earlier you had low crowds would become almost unbearable at night. We would only stay for shows. In fact, I believe the crowd calendars that TP puts out were only good for crowds before 5:00. After that it’s almost always a 10. I would not be sad to see them go to a reservation system for local passholders. However, it will mean reduced access for locals who went daily or weekly in the past.

2 Likes

I am able to decipher all categories except “anytime reservations.” Can anyone enlighten me on what they mean by this? I am assuming it is something quite simple that I cannot wrap my Monday brain around.

My assumption was that it meant you could go for 2 days without making an advance reservation. So like if you bought your AP on June 1st and immediately booked June 4th and 5th but the 2nd and 3rd were “sold out,” you could still go those days and have a 4-day visit.

1 Like

I found this description on Micechat and it matches what I said:

1 Like

A coworker told me today that she received the refund for her AP. Nothing for us yet.

And … FB reminded me that one year ago today we were at Disneyland. What a memory! :joy:

2 Likes

No refund for me either yet.

None for me either.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/news/legacy-passholder-program/

1 Like

I did a little deeper dive into my credit card history and I actually did get the refund. A little more than I expected honestly.

2 Likes

That is good news! Hoping mine goes through soon.