ALL Disneyland APs are CANCELLED

We got them from ares travel in Anaheim. They will not refund. I’ve asked a few times.

1 Like

Sorry, that sucks.

1 Like

Oh, man. I know it makes sense to do this, but I can’t help but think that my long-awaited Disneyland trip may never come to fruition. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Robert Niles of ThemeParkInsider.com (Good news source BTW) on why Disneyland needed to cancel its AP’s

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/community/member.cfm?bio=robert

7 Likes

He brings up good points! I hope they find a way to navigate the issues that the CA-AP brought. Although if I was a CA resident I might be very unhappy.

I do not disagree with the article. I think Disney was on to something with the Flex Pass. It was a way to control crowds. I think a tiered version of that would be a good replacement to the old AP.

5 Likes

DD20 just got the email telling her she’ll be getting a refund for her flex pass. :sleepy:

1 Like

Just saw this posted on chat:

3 Likes

Wow, those options are expensive considering the block out dates

Sorry, I meant to post in the regular thread and not as a response.

The OC register just had another article today about how the survey is out and how they are hoping to optimize users in the best capacity.

Being close to all the money that’s in SoCal, it looks like they are moving towards a hefty price for unlimited access, and then fewer options for those who are in a lower price point.

~~“When you boil it down, people who come to parks can pretty much be put in two categories: Time-sensitive and price-sensitive,” Speigel said during a phone interview.

Time-sensitive passholders will pay top dollar to visit Disneyland any time they want while price sensitive APs will be hunting for bargains, according to Speigel.

“I would expect to see more restrictions on lower-priced passes and extremely high prices for passes with no restrictions,” Lewison said via email. “I think reservations for visits will become more common for all types of tickets. Disney may find other ways to reward its most loyal fans — like exclusive merch, dining and events.”~~

2 Likes

I see this as interesting. And not in the good way. My DH and I have a fun game we play. He tells me to budget. I show him how much fun things can be when we push the budget (just a smidge…I swear!). Then when it’s the day before we have to pack to go home, he tells me “Surprise, I booked an extra d(s)”.

Does that go away if I have to reserve park days X amount of time in the future? (We usually buy AP’s for 2, 2 week-ish stays a year at either resort).

sounds like spontaneity comes with a hefty price tag :frowning:

1 Like

Knott’s still loves the spontaneity though ; )

2 Likes

So does Universal Orlando :wink:

2 Likes

I took the survey and was surprised at how many 'would you rather have this or that" screens they took you through. I want to say at least 6 different options. Sadly, at the time I didn’t have the patience for it and only screen shot these options. Finally nice to see they are considering an AP entrance. The day tickets seemed to keep the same price. One day from $104 to $209. OUCH! I remember at one time paying $18.50 for a day.

3 Likes

Do you feel like you can find an option that will work for you?

1 Like

I’m sure I will find something! The So Cal AP has always worked for me. Usually only blocked for the weekends and summer and a steal at $360. if I needed to go on the weekend I could always buy a cheap 3 day So Cal ticket. Now it looks like there might not be a So Cal option but just a regular AP at $599 same blocked time and with 6 anytime reservations. One option was $399 same blocked days but no anytime reservations. These reservations are going to kill me as before I could just hop on the train for a quick trip just about anytime.

2 Likes

I’m not overly concerned about the AP prices for myself - I have an AP now but it’s the first time I’ve ever had one. We typically go NOT during blackout periods so if I do ever need one, the only consideration will be whether it’s cheaper than the individual tickets for the two or three trips we have planned for that year.

But I’m actually quite glad they are sweeping out the corners of AP-land because it has gotten SO busy in recent (pre-pandemic) years that it just wasn’t fun on the busier days.

Ironically, the least busy time we went in years was when Galaxy’s Edge opened (literally opening weekend) and in some ways it was a ghost town. I bet all those locals who haven’t been since 2018 are feeling sheepish for skipping the park that empty summer. I’m still in awe that that was a thing.

3 Likes

That’s because they blocked soo many APs!! I had the deluxe AP and was completely blocked out of DL all summer!!

1 Like

But as I recall, the crowds didn’t return when APs were unblocked. I remember reading all sorts of “SWGE is a failure!” articles in 2019. It wasn’t until the WDW version opened in August, and more specifically RotR in December, that the crowds came out in force for the new land.

1 Like