All By Myself with Fifty Thousand Friends: A Solo Trip Report

Sorry that’s me! :flushed:

6 Likes

There are definite benefits to slowing down and taking everything in vs. rushing from place to place!

5 Likes

I will admit that it took me about a year of living here to get to the point of strolling :wink: sometimes I still get caught up in the rush, especially entering a park, when everyone is in a rush!

5 Likes

Oh that’s hilarious, because: I did something in between #4 and #5, don’t remember what. Numbers 5, 6, 7, 8 were in a row, as fast as I could run around from the exit to SR. As I got on #8—fourth in the sequence—I told myself, okay, this is enough, we need to move on. And then about a third of the way through I started feeling a bit queasy! So we have the same limit! :rofl:

5 Likes

Funny thing is, I absorbed more of the scenery and atmosphere on this trip, too! But not in the early mornings—that’s ride time, baby!

5 Likes

Wow this is amazing! I’m tired just reading it. Also life will never be the same again now that giraffe bread is in it.

6 Likes

sigh

3 Likes

Was it the bread or the butter that made it so delicious? Sigh.

3 Likes

The butter was outstanding, but I’ve had butter that good. The bread was uniquely wonderful.

5 Likes

I love the colored block style of keeping up with the daily accomplishments. I might try something like this for my memory book!

6 Likes

This break down is fabulous!! Thank you!

4 Likes

You’re welcome, but I mostly did it for me—I like to look back on what I did, and if I don’t document it right away, I forget a lot of it!

4 Likes

These pics were posted in other threads already but I’m stealing them for my trip report because LINER MEETS.

@FOMOm_VA, me, @jab300, @LTinNC82

@ThorKat, @LTinNC82, me

17 Likes

Love this pic with @LTinNC82. Ever notice how FUN this girl looks??

18 Likes

She not only looks fun, she IS fun to be around. :smile_cat:

4 Likes

I know, I’m just teasing her:

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/having-myself-a-merry-little-christmas-time/90926/1050

2 Likes

At first I thought it was for something like
:green_circle: Definitely recommend
:red_circle: Avoid at all costs

I couldn’t make sense of :large_blue_circle: or :yellow_circle: and then I found the actual Key. Ha ha ha

Thanks for the detailed itinerary!

5 Likes

I’m adding “meet @LTinNC82 “ to my Disney bucket list.

8 Likes

Same. And my husband is a slow poke, so it makes for good banter. Mind you, he’s 6’4, so he claims he learned to walk slower so people could keep up with him. :thinking: Solo trips are great for bobbing and weaving through people - if that’s your style. You accomplished a lot.

5 Likes

I just moved the key to the top to reduce confusion :grin:

4 Likes