AK today

That is so unfortunate, I am sorry that happened! From what I can see they look adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Wow! I hope you made a visit to guest relations!

Also, how was the food at Tusker House?

2 Likes

Tusker House food was great. They had the same juice (also same as Kona, Toppolinos and everywhere else). Very good. Brought out some bread with butter, Nutella and strawberry jam. Meal was large bowl of family style scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and roasted potatoes and then a side bowl of kind of like butter chicken from Sanaa. A nice spicy chicken with sauce on basmati of jasmine or something. Also had a boiled egg on it. Pretty yummy! So it was a crowd pleaser. Not the normal fare, but still good. They are operating at 60% capacity and lots of tables were missing or empty. They had big computer trouble yesterday apparently. But we had a wonderful experience today.

7 Likes

We did make a stop by GR. It was just handled very poorly. Everyone has bad days. I’m not judging. But when she said that they shouldn’t have let us in th park because the girls had on the leotards, that was kind of the last straw. Just bad people skills. Super confrontational.

4 Likes

:open_mouth: at every end of sentence here, just worse and worse!

Wow

4 Likes

I could get a CM questioning bare midriffs in, say, a restaurant, but it surprises me that they’d do it at KRR! Lots of people pare down what they’re wearing there anyways, don’t they, to get less wet? It sounds like it was poorly handled either way.

1 Like

yup agreed. Who cares about a belly button and even more so on a toddler and a little girl. I just… whatever. That woman needs a life and something real to care about. Based on another trip report in AK where someone was denied the ability to RS because their daughter had a full arm cast because she was tall enough to ride I’m gonna say they put the mean employees in AK apparently.

1 Like

Thank you for saying that. The funny thing is, my oldest doesn’t have a belly button. She was born with a giant Omphalocele and had closure surgery right before she was 1. Totally healthy girl. No other complications. But no belly button!

7 Likes

See doesn’t even have the offending body part so it’s fine :wink: It’s honestly just ridiculous.

4 Likes

Also my son has no uvula so there :wink:

He got scarlet fever from DLR so bad that his uvula became inflamed and would not heal with many round of antibiotics, steroids, etc so we just took it out. If you ever meet him, ask him to opera sing cartoon style…no uvula lol It worked too, no more infection when that and the tonsils/adenoids came out.

5 Likes

Trattoria for dinner. We had planned on HS with a Brown Derby res but the radar showed crazy rain so we switched up. Good move as it turns out. We stayed dry in the midst of a torrential downpour.

16 Likes

Great picture - beautiful family! I love your wife’s pants!

6 Likes

Check out the matching shoes! Adorable!! Enjoying reading your report, hope tomorrow is awesome!

2 Likes

Here is today’s obligatory sleeping pic. The Tiki Room did her in. Waiting for Chef Mickeys now.

13 Likes

Love the tutu dresses :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

ALERT! ALERT!

We are down a paci! I repeat, we are down a paci!

All units commence emergency paci search protocols!!

10 Likes

So in January 2020, in HS, my then DD4 and I were approached by a CM who told us she had to put on shorts or leave the park because she was wearing her Moana bathing suit. So I suspect there is some dress code but it’s ridiculous. There was a post that went viral recently about a woman who had an exposed midriff and she was given a gift certificate to purchase a shirt in the gift shop….

3 Likes

I think there is a rule about swimsuits… funny… did a search on their webpage of ‘inappropriate’ and I got attire; nothing about swimsuits just vagueness around what Disney would deem inappropriate??? Which leaves it up to the discretion of random CMs???

Property Rules, Policies & Regulations | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

I saw that and thought of it in the context of this thread. It wasn’t really just her midriff on show though, it was totally inappropriate. But I remember it said nobody complained at AK, only EP.

WOW! It’s Florida…you should be allowed to walk around in a swimsuit. It’s hot!

I guess I’m just totally over America’s Puritan issues with our bodies. Especially because it’s extremely sexist.

1 Like