After years of planning, I'm kinda terrified of G+/LL

Some great tips there, I’ll just say that for G+ beginners or anyone feeling overwhelmed, stacking is a simple way to use the system and still save significant time.

TP Article: Intro to Stacking

Thank you so much! Posts like this give me hope that we’ll be able to enjoy our time there more than I initially thought we would. One last question. Do I have to book my ILL for the park I have a reservation for? For instance if I’d like to book GotG instead of rise because I plan to hop to Epcot later can I do that? Is it better to try and grab the 6:00 boarding pass? Do I have to be in Epcot to do that? Thank you all again so much. I’m feeling a little better. Starting to grab some of my coveted dining reservations through the alerts that many have mentioned so things are definitely on the upswing :).

1 Like

We don’t park hop so I’m not sure but I know a lot of people do make ILL selections in different parks so I’m almost sure you can.

For GotG, try to grab a VQ as fast as you can and then try for the ILL if you want to double dip. It doesn’t matter how late you get to your VQ, they will still let you in.

You don’t have to be physically inside Epcot to do anything.

1 Like

What’s a Merlock pick?

1 Like

It’s just some cute name for the “lighting deals” shown in BG1. When BG1 detects a good return time for a LL, it displays it with a little lighting bolt on the side.

Like this:
lp

3 Likes

Couple weeks ago…

:smirk:

3 Likes

Thanks, I was really curious about what it may be.

OK, we are returning after 7 years and I’m trying to brush up on G+. Seems really confusing but I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it just like FP & FP+. Can someone please explain “BG1?” I can’t figure out that acronym. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

BG1 got its name from the original BG or boarding group (or virtual queue) that was used when Rise of the Resistance opened in 2019. A person got a BG number assigned to them, with BG1 being the first one of the day.

Now BG1 is also the name of a free bookmarklet (like an app) that a Liner developed to simplify the process for obtaining a Genie+ LL. I will let someone else explain that. Some people also call it Merlock, to make sure they mean the bookmarklet, not the actual boarding group number a person gets for a ride, such as GOTG.

Thanks so much for the explanation. Where can I find the BG1 to use?

1 Like

Look in this forum, under the La Cava section. There is a pinned thread at the top of La Cava that explains all about it, with useful links for getting it and learning how to use it. Good luck!

I admit I don’t have it yet, because my next trip to WDW is likely a few years away.

1 Like

Soooo, I posted this and then got busy with… summer, and completely forgot about it! I actually booked stuff (other than my main DVC reservation and dining) and bought tickets today, so it’s all at the forefront of my mind right now (and probably for the next 37 days).

Thanks for all the tips! Since then I did read up on stacking, and I have a stacking question (but it’s more an “I wonder…” discussion prompt than a question anyone will have an answer to) I’m about to post, but I’m excited to play around with BG1.