Adventure is out there… a trip report

Aren’t they cute!? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

We have a manatee-obsessed daughter so we know these things.

6 Likes

Got I Ran!!

10 Likes

After our two Guardians, we hit up Brunchcot for some Bellinis for some more “on brand” shots:

Then did Living with the Land before headed to our Space 220 Lounge reservation… we were pretty hungry by then, and it was great! Deviled eggs, short rib sliders and calamari… plus today launched a new drink menu!

On the way to World showcase, we passed the booth with the Ghost Mary… which intrigued me. It was… interesting? Tasted ok, but the flavor really didn’t go with the texture?

Next La Cava - avocado margarita for me and cucumber for DH. The tomato wasn’t on the menu unfortunately! I probably could have asked but I love the avocado also.

In China we decided to play some Duck Tales - that really is a fun little game.

Potato pancakes and beer in Germany, Orangecello in Italy, dragonfruit sake in Japan, along with lots of people watching and finding shade, made for a fun late afternoon.

Ate dinner at Katsura and then decided to walk towards buses because it felt like storms were blowing in, but on the way out hit up UK to get a Black Velvet for DH, stopped for a bit in Canada to listen to Suroit (who were AWESOME) and then grabbed a cucumber watermelon gin slushie - which was the winning drink of the day - before headed back to the resort.

Got to give two gift cards to dads today… and they were specifically placed. Dad loved Soarin… so I wanted to do one near that. There was a family I saw in line before going in where the dad was just obviously so happy to be sharing this with his kids - I flagged him down after the ride and gave it to him… to a very happy reception.

Dad also loved thrill rides… and though he never got to ride Guardians, I knew it would be right up his alley. In our VQ line there was a dad who was making his whole family groan with his dad jokes… so next time I passed him I gave him one as well.

Tomorrow is a “rest” day - breakfast at Whispering Canyon, mini golf, exploring the resort and Hoop De Do tomorrow night.

18 Likes

I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying your little stories about who you give your Dad’s gift cards too. They make me smile every time. And think about my Dad, too.

7 Likes

Oh my goodness - my feet/legs didn’t use to get this tired, even when going from rope drop to fireworks. Getting old… while better than the alternative… is not for the weak.

That said, it was nice to get a little bit extra sleep this morning. We had a 9:20 Whispering Canyon reservation - our first time to go there, and we had a blast. Had a fun server, lots of ketchup being passed around. Saw a dad that I would have given a card to because he took his two little girls on the pony ride around the room, but I left the card in the room and by the time I came back he was gone.

But I had a mimosa flight…

Our next order of the day was mini golf! We chose Fantasia Gardens for location - wanted to head to the Boardwalk after. I didn’t realize that you could make reservations until like last week, which I did, so it was nice to not have to wait. We did the “Fairway” course, which doesn’t have the theming and is more difficult, for my DH who is a golfer. We both did pretty well but he beat me. I did get two eagles… but offset those with about 3 6’s. Overall it was a blast, and it’s really pretty there.

Afterwards we wandered to the Boardwalk and had a drink/snack at Big River Grille, then grabbed a frozen beverage from Joe’s on the Boardwalk and waited for the boat back to the Swan to get to our car at Fantasia.

Now back at WL, waiting on our balcony to get into Geyser Point on the walk-in list. But this is really nice…

Later tonight we have Hoop-de-doo at the 8:30 seating… really looking forward to it!

13 Likes

I fell HARD for that place when I was there for but a single night in September.

A very long story short we ended up at OKW for a family visit this fall which is not what I was wishing for. But I agreed only so long as the next one can be at CCV LOL

I love OKW too, and it definitely works better for our needs this fall, but I need another CCV stay and for much more than one night please and thank you!

2 Likes

Our fall trip is to OKW… hoping we like it too…

2 Likes

It’s my home resort! We bought with no plans to ever stay there But we had points that were about to expire on the contract and all we could get was OKW in the timeframe we had to use them.

The rest is history. We fell in love immediately and the kids ask to stay there. It really does feel like home there. Like we could move in and live there forever. It’s so chill and quiet, lots of great views of the golf course, ferry to DS.

I hope you will love it there too. It’s certainly different than WL, but it’s wonderful. It surprised us!

3 Likes

Last park!

@OBNurseNH

11 Likes

Best park! She’s lookin good this morning! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Been an amazing day here. We managed to miss rain, did a WAT and everything we wanted to do… now relaxing behind Flame Tree with a beverage since our flight home is delayed.

After this ride was my final gift card gifting. Before getting in line, we saw a dad come off of Everest by himself very excited… when he went to meet his family he tried to talk his little girl into riding, but she didn’t want to. You could tell he really wanted her to, but to no avail. But he was very gentle, and said he would wait with her while mom and the other kids went.

When we got off the ride, he was still there waiting. I went and said I saw him talking with her and his decision to stay with her, and I wanted to give him the card. He read it and both he and his daughter were very appreciative. It was a great capping of that effort. :two_hearts:

A few more fun:

And our current spot of zen:

16 Likes

We decided to finish out the trip with a stroll to the gorillas… and man, did we hit the jackpot!

Final thoughts:

Loved being at WL… everything about being there was perfect - the room, the ambiance, the seclusion. I’m not a fan of the transportation. I’ve gotten spoiled at Crescent Lake locations having skyliner or walking ability to more than one park. And we couldn’t even take advantage of the boat to MK in the morning because the boats don’t start running until 30 minutes before early entry, and that’s when we had to check in. So transportation was a bit more of a hassle… but that is the only knock I had.

This was the ideal length of trip for me - arrival day, 4 Dis days, a UOR day, and a rest day. Although I might start adding in a second rest day… or maybe being ok with not rope dropping….? (Who am I kidding)

I am so glad I got to honor dad’s memory like this. The original plan had been to take his putter to use at mini-golf, but then I decided it was too much of a problem to get it there - I would have had to carry it on or take DH’s golf luggage. When DH was planning on playing a full round of real golf, it wasn’t a problem, but he made the decision a few weeks ago to not do that this trip. But the gift cards were so much better… and I loved sharing that.

It was much easier to say goodbye this time, because my DD25 is going to be in Orlando for business next week and asked me to come back down next weekend to go to Flower and Garden with her… and I couldn’t say no. So in just about exactly a week I’ll be arriving back at MCO for a quick turnaround trip…

Until then!

18 Likes

Seems like you guys are a lot of fun. Your podcast will be great.

3 Likes