Activities for adults

I’m putting a list of activities together for things to do during my June trip that don’t involve being in lines.

I’ve had these ideas so far:

1. Wilderness Explorers
  2. POTC treasure hunt thing
  3. 50th anniversary statues
  4. F&G scavenger hunt
  5. SWGE bounty hunters
  6. Conservation Station
  7. Hidden Mickey hunts

I’m looking for activities that will help me see the parks in new ways.

Two questions:

First, are all of the above suitable for adults / are adults allowed to participate?

Second, can you add anything else to the list?

Third question (of two): Surely they are not removing the 50th statues?

Oh yeah. I’m also interested in activities at hotels.

3 Likes

I’ve been wondering this too. There would seem to be no reason to remove them.

3 Likes

Wilderness Lodge has a great tour. It seems to run most days. I would just check with the hotel when you get there. If I remember correctly, it’s about 10 am most days.

5 Likes

I think (?) you have mentioned before wanting to really see all the pavilions in Epcot properly. Maybe there is a challenge of sorts you can make for yourself.

4 Likes

Could also hop on the boat from DS up to POFQ and wander around FQ and POR. They are beautiful and there is a path. Also horse drawn carts I believe.

Have some beignets and enjoy the beauty.

4 Likes
  1. Pin trading is fun and anyone can do it.
  2. Resort hopping to look at and explore grounds & theming.
  3. Street performers in France, Italy, Japan (drums)
  4. Hidden Mickey hunts.
  5. Hidden Pascal hunt
3 Likes

The Duck Tales game at Epcot.

There are tours at some of the resorts that tell you a little about the history of the resort. Old Key West, for example., not only has a short tour (on Wednesdays) but they have some models of the original trains down to Key West, plus the “Den” where they have a library you can borrow from (to sit in the Den and read, not to take away) and some Hemingway related items. You could then take the boat to Disney Springs and from there take a boat back to the Port Orleans resorts.

You can tour the stables at FW. There’s also archery and kayaking. And there is a Segway tour you can do at FW too.

AKL has the largest private collection of African art in the US. I’m not sure if the cultural reps are back at AKL yet, but they used to do an art tour there. If not you can look at it yourself, it’s all along the hallways (corridors to us).

There’s also a tour of the kitchens at AKL that might appeal to you. I think there’s also something drink related at Coronado Springs. If you like painting, there’s a painting session event at Bay Lake Tower.

And the Community Halls have art & craft activities, I don’t see why an adult couldn’t take part in those. Things like tie dye, ceramic paining etc.

I like the photos and artefacts at Riviera. And the Carolwood Pacific lounger at WL (the Boulder Ridge villas building) for trains and photos.

5 Likes

On the same lines as Hidden Mickeys are the carved animals in Adventureland. (Those are carved into the brickwork all through the land)”

And on the Tree of Life - on a larger scale.

2 Likes

That’s a good one. I’m adding it to my list as if it were my idea and then you’ll look dumb for suggesting something I already thought of.

2 Likes

Two can play at that game :smirk: but I won’t :laughing:

2 Likes

CHEATER !

2 Likes

The chief takeaway from your list is that you like looking for things.

1 Like

One of my favorite grown up things is the private pontoon fireworks cruises…no crowds no lines no park reservations or tickets needed, granted the price seems a high at first glance but when split between 2-3 adult couples it’s actually not that bad

1 Like

I added the drums in Japan and
6. Wyland art studio at BW
7. Evening performers on Boardwalk after grabbing a slice or some scoops

Well, yes, because it makes you stop and look rather than rush off to the next LL.

4 Likes

Heartily agree. I really enjoyed the Christmas Tree hunt in December for exactly that reason. Took me to areas of Disney Springs that I wouldn’t otherwise have seen. And got me oriented to the layout because I was constantly referring to the map.

1 Like

I enjoyed it, too, but drew the opposite conclusion. I was so busy looking at and for trees that I didn’t notice Disney Springs at all.

1 Like

Ohh and it may not seem adult but I really enjoy doing the “story hunts” from Next page by Meg.

They also have a little art focused scavenger hunt sheet available at the check in desk

3 Likes

Oooh I’m making a note of this.

1 Like