Abbreviations WDW

My youngest son and husband were very impressed that I finished Call of Duty Advanced Warfare before them (only one I played campaign mode on). :joy: Arcades were a big thing growing up. I used to dominate at Street Fighter and Crusin’ USA

sweeeeeet
I only play WOW anymore, but we all get on discord and chat away. It was particularly nice when my DS was in Izmir. Sat/Sun mornings we would all get on (DH, both boys and I) and play together. Kept my DS, that was away, grounded and boosted his morale.

1 Like

It’s fascinating to realise that someone was the first person to use LOL / BRB / TTYL / AFAIK etc. And the use spread. Across the world. Like a pandemic.

3 Likes

My vote, teenagers :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

It mostly came out of texting back in the early days of phone when you only had a physical numeric keyboard. Typing any word took a while lot more effort. As many as four times as many keystrokes. So shorthand was adopted instead.

Once cell phones started having full alphanumeric keyboards, the practice continued, but no longer has the same necessity as it once did.

2 Likes

and in gaming brevity is key to prevent an early demise :wink:

1 Like

Ahhh, so us middle aged people :grin:

They really have u into it, huh :rofl: that so awesome!

1 Like

Had a pager forever, then went to the razor when it came out. I was high dollar then :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Everytime I see TBH - I forget what it stands for :joy:

2 Likes

tell us? IDK and I want to LOL

1 Like

Me too, but I think its because I dont say to be honest in conversation. :rofl:

Liar. You said it just then.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl: yes, yes I did. But I usually do not. When my kids say it, I interrupt and ask if everything else they’ve said is a lie then! I get eye rolls​:rofl::woman_facepalming:

Based on your responses in the first news story thread you are younger than me. And I am barely/not quite middle aged.

1 Like

Well, about to be 39, lol. I plan to live to 90, well see, so Im not quite middle age either :joy:

1 Like

Ugh. Sounds ghastly. I’m pencilling-in checking-out in my sixties.

2 Likes

The abbreviations and liners use of them originated in chat where there is a character limit. It is a bad habit that I can’t break all these years later.

I think the original list and thread should stay. If you want it edited, Missoverexcited and I can do that. Please just let us know what you want added.

Although to me, the abbreviation of Buzz is Buzz :grinning:

Edited to add, please don’t start a new thread with the same info since that original thread will stay.

2 Likes

Is there an official abbreviation for Alien Swirling Saucers. A number of proposals were put forward.

Agreed. Also: Pooh.

1 Like

Other than ASS?

2 Likes