A trip over before it began…

Well folks… @Keith718 and I and my DH were set to go back to the World tomorrow. Then on Tuesday, we found out our flights were canceled due to the storm, and rebooked to leave Saturday morning. Okay, fine, we would just have to stuff four days’ worth of fun into three days, no problem. We had a prime reservation at Copper Creek for a two-bedroom, we had booked WAT and Oga’s and Topolino’s…

Yesterday DH had a sore throat, a bit of a stuffy nose. I tested him, all good, fine, no covid. Today he felt worse, and before bed I was like, Want me to test you one more time just in case?

You see where this is going, right?

Sigh. I just got off the phone with JetBlue to cancel our flights. Next I have to call Disney and figure out how to get credit (a refund?) for DH’s park tickets — not to mention figure out how to handle my AP renewal, which I haven’t even gotten to use yet… :sob::sob::sob:

Stupid pandemic and stupid hurricane. If not for both, we’d be waking up bright and early tomorrow morning and heading to the most magical place on earth. Alas…

Of course, now we’re trying to figure out when to book our consolation trip…

16 Likes

Arrghhhh. I’m so sorry, that totally sucks. Hope DH has the mildest possible case, and that you can book your consolation trip real soon.

2 Likes

:sob:

1 Like

Ugh… so sorry. I guess, if there’s any silver lining… covid hit BEFORE your trip, and not during. Still stinks though.

Last year my son came down with covid just days before our trip… it was quite the gut punch. Disney was very accommodating though, cancelling our trip with a full refund, including the $200 deposit so we weren’t out any money.

5 Likes

Oh no. This is so sad. I’m sorry.

I’m so sorry!! This is so hard! :sob::sob:

1 Like

So sorry for you all. Hoping for a very mild case, and a swift replan of your trip.

1 Like

:scream: :sob: So sorry!

1 Like

Oh that is AWFUL news, all the way around!!

I hope he is better soon, you stay well, and you make your way Home real soon.

Hugs. This all sucks.

1 Like

Sorry. That’s awful timing!
Wishing DH a healthy recovery.
Hope you get rearranged soon :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I hearted your post, but it’s a dislike heart.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. Hope DH is better very soon and you don’t catch it.

1 Like

How awful! I’m so sorry. Hope DH has a very mild case of it and the rest of you don’t catch it.

1 Like

Such a bummer. Your trip reports are so fun because you both are so fun.
Hang in there and look forward to plans for the next one.

2 Likes

I mean… clearly there’s only one course of action here: Divorce and go anyway :wink:

Seriously though, that suuuuuucks! I’m sorry. :frowning:

As already stated: at least you are going through this BEFORE you went as opposed to while already there and then you gotta figure out “travel home” plans. Which only translates to “money lost”

Regarding his tickets, someone can correct me if I’m wrong but they’re toast, but you still have a credit for them. So when you DO go, just talk to Disney ahead of time and apply the value of the tickets to a new set.

As far as your AP Renewal, nothin’ happens until you’re on site and can activate it fully at guest services. Until then, it’s in holding where you can’t use it for special events (like when they have you sign up for previews sometimes), but you CAN use it for hotel and other discounts when they pop up.

8 Likes

I am so sorry!!! That sucks. :frowning:

1 Like

Supportive heart! I’m so sorry!!

1 Like

So sorry. I know the feeling well. Hopefully your consolation trip will be even better than this one would have been!

4 Likes

I’m so sorry. I’m glad you knew before you’d left and had trouble getting home.

1 Like

Not the kind of trip report you were hoping for. Hope dh feels better soon, and hope you don’t get it!

1 Like