A trip of firsts

All the stars have aligned, and I’m able to sneak in another trip this year :star_struck: desperately needed to get away for a mental health break and some me time. Need a reset and trying not to feel guilty about it.

Starting it off with a charity dinner and then staying by the airport, the timing of the event worked out so well to be night before travel! Only problem is now we got back, and I have to be up at 3am for the flight tomorrow.

Looking forward to a lot of firsts this trip, big goal being to ride GOTG 3 times in one day :relaxed:

26 Likes

May as well start my list as I have so much time to kill!
First time…

1. Travelling on less than 3hrs sleep. Slept midnight until 1am then kept waking up afraid of missing the alarm.

2. Taking shuttle from hotel to airport. Much better than park n fly, great service

3. No name airport coffee. Nasty, never again. Starbucks line crazy, mobile ordering not working. A lady on my flight tried the line and it’s been about 30mins and she hasn’t returned. Just didn’t have it in me to start the trip with that line, but that was before I tasted the alternative :joy:

4. Flying “premium” class. Back when I booked the flights the prices were wonky and premium seats were cheaper than regular seats. Go figure, will be a nice treat! I’ll likely be asleep before we even take off and miss out on the perks.

Have only thought about work maybe 4 times (does this count as 5)? Already feeling better.

22 Likes

Safe travels!

3 Likes

Have a great time!

3 Likes

Are you travelling solo? Have a fabulous time!

3 Likes

Safe travels!

3 Likes

Hooray for mental health breaks! Good luck with the recharge. Have fun!

3 Likes

Safe travels! Have all the fun, excited to hear about all your firsts!

3 Likes

Woohoo! Glad you can get away. Hope it’s the reset you need.

2 Likes

Landed! Met so many friendly couples on the flight, some who didn’t mind me following them to baggage claim so I didn’t get lost :star_struck:

1. Wine and breakfast on a flight :yum:

2. Taking Mears. Easy signage everywhere in Mco made life so easy! Real test will be how long the wait is.

Hoping my magicband is at the resort. It never seems to come through when I attempt to pre order.

22 Likes

Glad you made it safely! Hope you have an awesome time and I look forward to following along. :blush:

3 Likes

Looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Exactly 1hr later finally on a bus, disorganized disaster. That’s half the point though, I’m trying out new things without the kids so if it doesn’t work out, then I know. Mears was a fail. Other resorts had at least 3 buses come and go in this hour. The deluxe resorts got one bus per hour. I must have just missed the last one. They said it’s based on who checked in first, but that’s not what we all observed in three of the lines.

I am glad to be on a bus and glad to not do mears again. I don’t mind waiting my turn but I get agitated when they don’t follow an organized method.

8 Likes

Interesting. In July our Mears bus went to POFQ, POR, SS and last another deluxe, I want to say it was GF.

2 Likes

I just got a bad day. POFQ had buses but they didn’t combine with GF.

3 Likes

I used Florida Towncar in July from the train station, and I would definitely use them again. No buses to worry about.

3 Likes

It sounds like all the resorts had their own bus?

1 Like

11hrs after waking up, I’m here :relaxed:

21 Likes
  1. First Disney tree, I’ve never come this time of year

2. First resort mug. Machines are out of everything except diet and zero cal. stuff. It’s a conspiracy.

1. First time my magic band actually arrived at the resort!

2. Rented DVC points and staying in a standard villa. Process through David’s was so easy.

23 Likes

I love this mug!!!

4 Likes