A totally hypothetical thought experiment, not based on real events

After getting over my disappointment and anguish that the relationship must have gone horribly wrong to cause such an event to happen, I think it would be fun to use their FPP’s and eat at all the wonderful places and give away mickey bars!

1 Like

Now you’re just making the hypothetical person feel bad. I’m sure they had accepted the reason for the cancellation as true and are only now considering that something they did or said damaged the relationship. :wink:

Change party, then ask for a refund at the end.

I would use the extra ticket and FPP. We have done this several times, most recently on New Years Day. I have 2 separate MDEs, I had 1 day tickets on my extra MDE. My normal MDE had our 3 FPP to AK on it. We then entered MK with our second set of bands from 2nd MDE, and had 3 more FPP there. We also were able to book 4th, 5th, 6th, etc FPP on our primary bands after we used our first 3 in AK that day. It was great. This was after 5 days of Club level FPP as well. The only reason I did it was because my DS16 had to miss the first 5.5 days of our trip due to making the JV basketball team at school, so he missed out on the 5 days of club level FPPs and had limited time to see all 4 parks. 1 evening at Epcot, 1 day at AK, 1 evening at MK, 1 day at HS is not enough time to ride all his favorites, so it was worth the extra cash. We did it another time as well, back when you could only have 3 FPP a day and there was no ability to ever make more. Bought 2 sets of tickets for a few days then as well. It only gets confusing when you start to have so many FPP booked that it becomes difficult to remember which band which ride is on. More than once I have scanned, Mickey turns red and then we move away from the entrance and switch bands. Sometimes I wear one band on each arm. It’s a fun problem to have. I actually prefer the Club level fastpasses as they have no restrictions on which park and no tiers, and I only have to wear 1 band.

3 Likes

You’re right, that was very insensitive of me. I’d be happy to take one for the team and step in as a replacement guest and help the hypothetical person feel better. :grinning:

2 Likes

I like where you’re going with this… but I’d have to think that flying solo with 60 day fast passes already booked… you could easily get 3 extras per day via same day drops. So in my opinion, it’s not worth it.

1 Like

For our group of 7, I am the only one with a MDE account. That is not controlling, it is just sensible so that no one messes with my, I mean our, plans.

3 Likes

Interesting idea. Now considering this for my trip. It’s certainly not cheating the system, if you want to buy a whole extra set of tickets for your other arm and cheaper than staying CL for sure. Extra 2K plus change gets me 3 extra fastpasses for 5 people on each of 6 days (90 extra FPP+). Add that to a stay at a value as opposed to a deluxe resort and we are talking worthwhile IMO. Technically this way, you could avoid PH prices as well–not worth it in and of itself but it definitely adds to the value. Hmmmmm

Logistically, how complicated would it be to keep up with all of that for 5 people? Have two MDEs each linked to 5 people and 5 bands? The left arm account and the right arm account? Just go through taps twice at RD if you want your FPP both at same park or use right arm for am park and left arm for pm park?

2 Likes

We used two sets of bands back when you could snag three same day FPP on old bands when you got there in the morning.

Using two bands was comical at times. Especially when you tried to use the wrong one or when they were linked to names that didn’t seem to match the person wearing them. :thinking:

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking!! I guess you just keep tapping random bands until Mickey turns green. The CM could not care less but maybe those behind you do :woman_shrugging:. But then the TP dictator of the group is required to keep everyone on schedule and organized.

1 Like

Very interesting. We need someone to run these numbers!

1 Like

How do the UK Disney travel packages work?

From this forum I gathered that they offer 14 days tickets with dining at a onsite hotel. Is the price for 2 people double the price for one?

I really miss this podcast :cry:

3 Likes

Hmm. That’s planning aforethought. Maybe the planner wanted to ditch the hypothetical guest.

2 Likes

BoMFans Facebook group exists.

2 Likes

Maybe there never was a guest

2 Likes

I’m beginning to hypothetically suspect that.

2 Likes

This is very interesting! I’ve wondered about this many times

1 Like

You pay the same for the accommodation for one person or two. But you pay for two park tickets and two dining plans if it’s two people.

1 Like

I now have visions of you tapping in to a park with both arms at the same time. Like Neo using two guns at the end of the Matrix.

3 Likes