A question about what to wear :)

Yes, Happy Feet has sales https://www.happyfeet.com/finn-comfort-sale

That’s where I got mine.

They are expensive, but they will last 2-3x longer than Clarks. They have removable/replaceable insoles.

I took these to Italy and my friend took her Clarks. She was miserable after about two days because of the cobblestones. A shoe that’s comfy in the short run can sometimes be very uncomfy after 10 hours. You want a sturdy sole with lots of support. I have Clarks, too, but they just don’t hold up.

Oh Thank you. I was still on 6pm store. :+1:

1 Like

Oh boy, I agree, that is a tough look to pull off! If I wear tennis shoes with skirts I look like a Hutterite.

(They’re like the Amish but have cars and phones. well, a car and a phone. For all of them).

I found the key is my skirt has to be shorter and the tennis shoes cuter. Little ones like the Europeans wear, not big fat American ones.

4 Likes

No blisters with Keens for me. I am more likely to get them from the strap on my Vionics when I haven’t worn them for a few months. I just put moleskin on them to prevent rub.

Hahaha, yes you get it! I definitely have to go shorter with my little short legs

1 Like

I also think solid colored sneakers help too.

1 Like

We went in first week of June last year, and the shorts are a must at that point. I, too, like wearing workout capris on a regular basis, but don’t think I wold have lasted our trip had I worn them. Like someone else said, Old Navy has some really comfortable workout shorts that didn’t impede with my walking motion.

As for shoes, the entire group brought two pairs of broken in tennis shoes in various brands. My DH and I live in New Balance, kids had Nike, Reebok, even a pair of Sketchers. We made sure to switch which pair of shoes we wore every day, and no one complained of sore feet or blisters.

I do like shorts in the summer as well. I guess my concern is, when you wear shorter shorts, they tend to ride up as you walk and I find myself pulling at my shorts all the time! (Tell me I’m not alone in this, ladies?!) So that was my concern with all the walking. Capris are better in that scenario…

3 Likes

That’s why I like skirts. I’m very strongly anti-capri. I could list the reasons, but I’d be run out of town (or off this thread).:rofl:

I own one pair, they are narrow, cute little black ones like Audrey Hepburn, and that’s it. And I’d never wear them at WDW.

I do have some pretty fabulous Bermuda shorts, they’re long but aren’t floppy. They’re the pencil skirt of shorts, if you can picture it.

1 Like

These are pretty close, Haglofs Lizard II short, there are many just like this at Backcountry.com :

1 Like

Here are some tips from a fellow liner

2 Likes

I wore capris from Eddie Bauer the last trip and they worked well. They are more like hiking pants so not super form fitting and were comfortable in the heat.

I asked a similar Q on the TP chat, I am traveling in June and not familiar with humidity as I live in the desert. I am also in my 30s. A couple folks recommended Athleta skorts and Columbia freezer dresses. I ordered a few to try on. I’m not a fan of bare legs in summer because I am high risk skin cancer so I try to cover up, but I did find the Columbia feeezer dress in maxi length which may work perfect for me. We’ll see how it fits when I get it!

For shoes, I am planning to bring a pair of my adidas ultra boosts, which are stupidly comfortable (but expensive, but I already own a pair I use for running and gym) and also a pair of sandals. I am looking at keen uneeks as I like to keep my feet mostly covered, but these look like they will be good in hot and wet conditions, more so than my ultra boosts. A few folks mentioned wearing them to Disney and then working out great. So I plan to order a pair to try out.

1 Like

Story of my life. I don’t even bother buying shorts these days because they’re all short and 5 steps in I’m yanking them down. Capris and knee length shorts only.

I wear bike shorts under knee length dresses. I don’t need shorts under maxis. I was breezy cool on the 90 plus degree days,

2 Likes

You aren’t alone! I put some body glide for her on my legs and that seems to help a lot.

2 Likes

In the heat, I wore a mix of stretchy cotton shorts and capris.

For pocket storage, I used a Flipbelt. (Zipper version) https://flipbelt.com Stuck phone, small phone battery charger, cash, ID, credit card, and a small sunscreen stick in there and went bagless. Freed me up from trying to find women’s shorts/capris with secure enough pockets. If needed ponchos, brought a small string backpack thing.

For shoes, take and use sneakers you are already comfortable in, or buy some now and break them in. We also wore flip flops (Teva Olowahu) for definitely expected rainy periods. And sandals (Teva Tierra) for shorter evening tours to give feet some open relaxing time.

1 Like

I really like the lightweight shorts from Columbia. They’re the ones that have a pant leg as well, which can be zipped away. I throw out the bottom, pants part b/c I don’t like the look of those.

It really helps in Orlando’s hot weather (anytime from I’d guess April til October anyways) to have shorts that light & comfortable. Also easy to handwash & dry quickly, if needed.

Teva sandals for me. I’ve had the same leather ones for awhile. Time to get a new pair. Also I’m hearing re the waterproof versions, so I should get a pair of those also, since some crazy puddles can result if a Disney downpour.

I also switch between sandals and another pair while there. Lately other pair has been lightweight moccasins from Bass, but those are definitely not waterproof haha.

Good thing my recent mocs were replaceable, after we had an unexpected downpour one night. Had to throw that pair out when back to hotel. Ponchos always in backpacks, but didn’t plan ahead re shoes that night.

1 Like

I also love that type of pants. It’s what I’d bring if I’m there in the winter when I might actually need the bottom of the legs. I take them on every vacation that is more or less outdoor-oriented, WDW, Hawaii, Yellowstone, etc.

I am also from Texas planning a trip for this coming July for my extended family of 9 people who are also all from Texas. The women in our group are all planning on wearing either work-out capris or golf skorts just depending what each of us already has. For shoes we have hiking boots, Kurus, or Clarks. I just spent a rather ridiculous amount of time hunting out “performance moisture wicking crew socks for women” and I’ll have to let you know how they work out. I just ordered some with something called “drymax” and some others that say “coolmax” on Amazon and I’m going to try them out at work.

5 Likes