A question about what to wear :)

They don’t seem long enough. :frowning:
I’m 5’9” and like skirts to dust my knees.
But they are very cute.

I am also 5’9, and I feel like the HikerChic length does indeed “dust my knees”. I just tend to prefer SwingStyle (which is shorter).

1 Like

In colder weather I usually opt for something that is also waterproof. I don’t want to have to go in if it rains, and as folks this past couple of weeks told us, cold rain can be miserable, worse than snow.

The problem is that nicer looking shoes and waterproof is a difficult combination. I have had luck with (listed in order of cost) some types of lightweight Merrell hikers, Pikolinos, and Aquatalia. The last two brands I consider an investment, but they’re Italian, have waterproof models and worth every penny. 6pm.com is the place to go for those.

@MouseGirl42 & @qwerty6 I’m in the 5’9" club too, but my legs are disproportionately long. Arms, too. They should have cast me in Jungle book for the role of King Louie, I wouldn’t need prostheses! My son is 6’2" and I wear his old jeans. Everything I have that fits me is either custom made or altered. My greatest clothing treasure is a sweater from Ireland I had knit for me when I was over there.

2 Likes

@pod and @qwerty6, I can’t say enough about trying to find one to try on. Being a smaller business, I know that’s difficult, but can usually be done if you’re patient.

2 Likes

My torso is longer. Thankfully the current trend in tunic lengths leaves me more room than the crop top movement.

I just prefer being covered to my knees. Some is modesty. Some is easily chilled. Some is habit. Some is shorter shorts makes me look even taller.

Those shoes (and that site) are fun. I’m going to visit there later when I’m shopping. I like those Pikolinos. Since I’m a day-to-day clothing minimalist I have no trouble having my splurges, especially for shoes and vacation clothing.

1 Like

I might try a hikerchic one. They are very cute. We have season passes to a local abuse and park [sic: amusement park] and I would certainly get my moneys worth out of a pair of these. Problem is I like the fluttercut better.
Bubbles.

I’m leaving the original for future smiles.

1 Like

Autocorrect for the win. :wink:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I bought some skorts from Athleta for our August trip last year and loved them. I prefer them to shorts. Since we went in August I bought some North Face water type shoes from Nordstrom. They are really comfortable like running shoes but are made for getting wet. I bought my husband the men’s version. For the kids, they have Jambu brand water type shoes. We had a stroller so they didn’t have to walk too far. My biggest concern was walking around in the rain with wet shoes/socks.

3 Likes

That is an excellent policy, quality over quantity.

Lots of good info here guys!! Unfortunately, I’m still super confused as to what to get. Hahaha. I think I’ll bring a combination of work out pants and shorts. And I’ll buy some comfortable walking sneakers, but also bring some sandals in my backpack in case it rains or we ride a water ride.

I am having the HARDEST time finding comfortable workout clothes that are also flattering and don’t get me started on sports bras… but that’s for another day.

2 Likes

As I mentioned, I love my SparkleSkirts for running… and I put mine through full 26.2 marathons. :smiley:

I don’t know your size, but they make XXXS to 3XL… and they’re pretty universally flattering.

3 Likes

They are cute!! But I would literally never wear it again. I can’t justify the price for 5 days of wear (and I’d have to buy multiples). Plus, I cannot pull off a skirt with sneakers. I have short, athletic legs. I would like like an oompa loompa in a skirt. :laughing::laughing::joy:

4 Likes

Are the travelsmith dresses long enough? My problem is dresses can be short waisted.

Just dropped off two DD’s for rehearsal for Willie Wonka.

1 Like

I really did mean it when I said that they’re nearly universally flattering.

As I recommended above… if you can find an opportunity to try one on, I strongly recommend it.

3 Likes

Ha!! I could join.

Whoa.
Those are nice but 2-3x the cost of my Clark’s. I don’t think I could justify those.
Do you ever see sales?

Yes, most of them are quite long. If you know your dress length from shoulder to hem, they list that. I like mine right at about 40" with a hard stop at 38". The Traveler Knit is a great fabric, so is the Indispensable dresses, they should call it Indestructible! I think that material is what my comfy dress is made from. There are lots of reviews on the site so you can see what others thought of them. And all of these pack down to nothing.