A new kind of stress dream

Anyone ever have those occasional stress dreams? For me, it’s always been something to do with going back to high school or college, like being in between periods and not knowing my schedule of where I had to be next. Or losing my locker combo. Or having a final exam and realizing I hadn’t been to the class all year.

Last night I had a new kind of stress dream. I showed up at MK and realized I hadn’t made Park reservations. :man_facepalming:

23 Likes

Thanks Chapek

7 Likes

My stress dreams often follow what is going on in my life, even though I still have the college one. For years after being a camp counselor I had a camp related stress dream.

Until the park reservation system there wasn’t a goos plausible stress point for a dream to focus on. But that would do it. Reminds me I need to make my DLR park reservations (whenever they open…)

5 Likes

My travel stress dream is that it’s time to head for the airport and I haven’t packed yet.

(IRL I pack obsessively early.)

5 Likes

I always have Disney stress dreams when I’m planning a trip. Things like trying to make RD but not arriving till the afternoon, long lines and no FPs.

6 Likes

16-48-12

10 Likes

I haven’t had that one yet, but I have had the one where I haven’t made resort reservations and just showed up.

4 Likes

I had one similar not too long ago. I had bought genie+, and everything seemed fine, but I felt something was “off” so I kept checking on it to make sure it was there and correct. Everything always looked good, until I tried to use it. It would disappear when I got to the ride queue, totally vanish like the app couldn’t even rebuy it. So I would have to go use the standby. But I refuse because “I didn’t want to waste time” (wait for the irony on this one :smirk:) and walked away frustrated I “couldn’t” ride 7DMT and HM.

After noticing that genie came back after i got far enough away from a ride, I realized it was a proximity based “error”, where it would go away to ensure i couldn’t use it. Cause in my mind, Disney is clearly trying to scam me by making me buy a product that I can’t use, but I’m onto them now. I then “jumped to” the front of the Pirates building to prove my theory and, sure enough, saw genie vanish again. Finally having had enough, and to gather evidence for that “definitely going to happen court battle over Genie+ :rofl:” I ended up spending a whole day at Pirates calculating the distance, down to the step, from the queue entrance when genie+ would vanish on me. (irrrrony)

Once I had it zeroed in… I woke up.

16 Likes

Wow. That’s some dream!

6 Likes

it was EXHAUSTING. lol

9 Likes

My stress dreams were always teacher related. I would be standing in front of my class, and nobody was paying attention or all the kids were talking or being disruptive…oh wait, maybe that was my 7th hour last year…:sweat_smile::woman_facepalming:t3:

Now that I’m retired, I haven’t had a single teaching related dream. :innocent:

16 Likes

All the frickin time! But it happened a lot too. I quit using a combo lock. No one ever messed with my locker. But I still have dreams that I have to go to the office to get the lock cut off.–3 x’s, before that in middle school the homeroom teacher had the combo. We became friends :joy:

2 Likes

I hope you still have a locker showoff :joy:

4 Likes

:rofl: thank goodness I don’t.

4 Likes

My stress dreams have always involved me working as a waitress (which I only did for a few years while I was at uni).
I swear I’ve put in more ‘dream’ shifts than I ever did awake :woman_facepalming:t4::rofl:

Whenever I dream about Disney (which is not particularly stress related) it’s always always always the line, never the ride :frowning::frowning::frowning:
Only one time I remember being on the ride in a dream and it was broken down :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::rofl:

6 Likes

This has got to be the most common stress dream. I finally stopped having this one about 10 years ago, but the sinking feeling in my stomach after waking up from this dream will never be forgotten.

6 Likes

30 years out of college and I still have this one…

8 Likes

Or the variation of actually missing the exam entirely :scream::laughing:

6 Likes

One semester, this was me IRL…

5 Likes

Did you pass??

3 Likes