A Musical Dream Birthday Trip Report

Yes I’m sure you’re right. Double boo!

1 Like

Fabulous photo!

1 Like

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Villains After Hours was super fun! I have nothing but the Halloween Party to compare it to, and there were definitely fewer people at VAH!

I got my wristband right at 7 and immediately went to look for the tank top I wanted. They only had a small at the Emporium and I was so sad! BUT I found it at Memento Mori!!! I plan to wear it Sunday!

Space Mountain was pitch black dark and so scary but so fun!! Pirates had live actors! I focused on rides and…what I can only call “trick or treating for water and Diet Coke”. Yes I ate popcorn and 2 Mickey Bars and did drink a couple of waters…but 7 waters and 4 Diet Cokes made it back to my room. (3 waters in my bag for today.) :relaxed:

Headed out about 12:30 because I was exhausted. Got to my room in Broadway and went to set my wake-up call. No dial tone. Everything looked to be plugged in, so I hiked back to the front desk. Said something about if I was not going on a cruise where they needed to confirm bags I would not worry. He specifically asked if I wanted them to come then or in the morning and I told him when I was headed to breakfast today. He sent the message to engineering. Well, I had just gotten to the room and undressed to put on my pjs when engineering knocked on the door. Phone was plugged into the wrong socket. All fixed. Hit the wake-up call button and it went to Guest Services rather than the automated system I am used to. But he set it. Collapsed in bed. Then 5 minutes before the wake up time the phone rang and they were checking about when I was leaving for my cruise. I was like “Sunday?” and the guy said “Oh. Let me change that…” Needless to say I stopped by on my way to the bus to make sure I am in until Sunday. All is well.

On the bus to MK and will monorail it to the Poly now for breakfast!!

17 Likes

Smart! And funny. The whole night sounds wonderful until the phone stuff. I’m glad it’s all sorted now.

3 Likes

Yeah, me too! I made it a point to stop before the bus just to make sure! I did not want to get back tonight and discover someone else in my room and my stuff who knows where!

2 Likes

Fun trip! Have a great day!

1 Like

Good breakfast at ‘Ohana and morning at MK. Went to Epcot to finish my Wine Walk and get my 2 bottles for the cruise! On the bus to Music to drop off my wine and then head to AK. They are donating $2 to lion conservation for every person who rides the Safari between now and July 25, so I shall do my part!

Some pics from this morning…

17 Likes

Great pics. Have fun at AK!

Great pics! So fun

Hanging in Creature Comforts while it monsoons.

More pics…

18 Likes

Loving the photos!! Sorry about the monsoon. Hope it doesn’t ruin the rest of the day!

2 Likes

We really enjoy breakfast at 'Ohana too.

1 Like

AccuWeather - and the National Weather Service - have us under a severe thunderstorm warning until 6:45 so I am staying put for the moment. Well, about 15 minutes. Haha.

Then we shall see. My Safari FP+ is now until 7:25 - but I know it does not run with thunderstorms. So we shall see.

An early-ish night with legs up the wall for a bit might be a smart idea.

3 Likes

OMG best Safari EVER!! So many animals!!!

Also, for every person who rides between now and July 25 (every ride counts!) Disney is donating $2 per person to the lion conservation thing they are doing!!

9 Likes

Acting on praise from @NoCapes I am trying Nomad Lounge!

Here is the allergy menu…

7 Likes

We want out on the safari during a thunderstorm last summer. All of the other outdoor rides were closed and we assumed that KS would be as well but we made my DH run over from the Africa gift shop to check. They told him that they only stop the safari if they get flooding. So we sprinted through the rain to the line and joined about six other people in line. It was an awesome safari! Cool to see which animals don’t care about the rain. The rhinos were particularly calm about staying out in it.

11 Likes

Interesting.

This was just after the monsoon and it was incredible.

5 Likes

Looks amazing!

1 Like

Good dinner at Nomad…

Yes! They have gluten-free poutine and churros!

GORGEOUS sunset reflection on Everest…

An after sunset safari.

And now closing out the night with the beautiful, peaceful Na’vi River Journey!

23 Likes