A Han Potter Trip Report

I read that, but based on other peoples reports of seeing people taller and heavier than him fitting, I thought he’d be ok. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I’m sorry he’s having such a time with the rides. It’s very disappointing when the seat fit does seem random. The good news is I’m much bigger than your hubby and I can ride everything at WDW except FoP and that’s because of my calves. SDMT will be a tight fit (as it is for a majority of adults), but doable.I hope y’all have the best time there!

5 Likes

I saw a guy twice your husband’s size struggle to fit into the Gringott’s seat. His friend literally rammed him into the seat and then sat on the bar to shove it in place until it clicked.

Unless you’ve been photoshopping the crap out of your pictures your husband seems a very regular size to me.

5 Likes

If you are any smaller than Hagrid then you should be able to go on his ride at least!

Hope it warms up so the pool opens for you guys!

7 Likes

I guess I could have tried that. Maybe sat on the bar to get it to click :woman_shrugging:t3:

He’s 6’1”, so not a giant.

2 Likes

What a bummer! Those are three of the top rides there now!

1 Like

That makes no sense! No experience your here but DH looks average to me! Wonder if it depends on the TM. Crazy— hope the rest of the trip Goes well!

1 Like

So Mother Nature hates us this week. There’s a nor’easter predicted to hit home the day we’re supposed to fly home. A foot of snow is predicted at our airport with 18” predicted at home. We’re thinking of leaving a day early. Does anyone know if Disney will refund us a night if we leave a night early? I booked a package for 4 nights, 3 park days.

1 Like

when is that???

Oooh I see it - Saturday.

Yeah, it’s supposed to come Saturday. Southwest hasn’t posted anything about travel advisories, I’m hoping one goes up so maybe I can change flights without paying more. But I’d rather pay a little more than get stranded for a few days.

I wouldn’t put much stock into it yet since it’s so far away. I had a room only stay with Disney a couple years ago and had to leave early for the same thing and they did refund my unused nights.

I’d rather get stranded for a few days :smirk:

3 Likes

I would too, but DD16 is already starting to get homesick and DH would be super stressed if we got stranded.

1 Like

Day 3 USF

We got to the gates at 8:45 for 9 am opening, the boats weren’t running due to the temps. The walk from HRH is only 5-8 minutes. Diagon Alley was first, and we got great news on the way- the Hogwarts Express was running again! It had been down for the last week! I thought it might not be up while we were here.

We took a few pics then rode Gringotts, we’ll 3 of us rode.

We meandered around Diagon Alley for a while. I have to say, I was completely underwhelmed by Hogsmade, but I loved Diagon Alley. Maybe because we were there early with less crowd? Maybe it was because no one was grumpy or hangry? But it felt more like I was walking into the books.

Next was MIB x2, Simpsons, animal actors, twirl n hurl, and animal actors.

We had a lunch of cold chicken tenders and fries at Mel’s Drive In, rode ET then took the Hogwarts Express to IOA. By then my crowd was grumpy and wanted to swim, and the pool was finally open!

We had dinner at Toothsome. The food took over an hour after we ordered, and was only ok. DD16 got a milkshake, and just as it was served the cookie on top hit the floor. They brought her a new one. We got donuts for morning, and will be transferring to the Disney bubble tomorrow!

10 Likes

So glad you got some HRH pool time! It is such a cool pool! I’m sure your Maine kids had no problems jumping into the “warm” water. My kids have literally gone in the icy ocean in April for a quick swim (I’m from Maine too!) so will go in a heated pool any time of year!

Have fun in the bubble tomorrow!

3 Likes

What’s in the box?!? Don’t tease us like that :rofl:

3 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to add it! I got the Voodoo dozen (plus one plain for DH). I mobile ordered on my way to dinner, hit prepare when we paid for dinner and they were ready in 10 minutes! The line inside the store was huge, this was so much easier.

11 Likes

Yum!

1 Like

5 Likes

Thank you!! :rofl:

1 Like