A Han Potter Trip Report

5 Likes

8 Likes

Uploading multiple pictures keeps giving me error messages. So I gave up for now

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing the pictures you were able to! Sounds like a good start, even though it wasn’t the original plan. I also have a husband who is happy to let me plan and just shows up. He recently told a family member about a different trip: “My responsibility is to drive there and back. Talk to her if you want to know anything else.” It works for us! He didn’t complain before our first trip when I asked a million questions about things he might want to do or see, or what he thought the kids would want. He was rewarded with very few lines for rides and reservations at awesome places. We had a great time and he sang my praises to anyone who would listen!

6 Likes

That sounds exactly like us! Fortunately I like planning travel, or else we’d never go anywhere or know what to do if we got there!

2 Likes

You can tell you’re northerners in just some hoodies in what I have heard was “freezing” weather :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: true story. We were comfortable in pants and hoodies while lots of other people had on winter coats, hats and mittens and still looked cold!

My family is heat intolerant though. The weather isn’t great now, but I’ll take it over mid summer. I’d rather burn the money it cost to come here to stay warm than take my family to Florida in the summer!

4 Likes

Same. We’ve done it, but not by choice

Our preferred week is April vacation week - for NH that’s the last week of April. But the weather I had a couple of weeks ago at Marathon was pretty ideal!! I hope the rain goes away and you have all the fun!

3 Likes

Day 2 IOA and USF

We started the day leaving the hotel a bit after early entry started. DH and I rode velocicoaster with a 30 minute wait around 8:30. The girls decided it looked better from the ground.

We met a baby velociraptor.

We rode Kong, which broke down for a few minutes twice. DD11 spend half the ride with her face in my arm, then decide it was her favorite.
We waited 75ish minutes for Hagrids for DH to be told he didn’t fit. We both were pulled off to go to the test seats while the girls went ahead on the ride. They let me back on through the single rider line.

We had lunch at Mythos, which was good. Sorry, no food pics. Then we finished the rides we hadn’t done yet- hippogriff, Spider-Man and Kong again. Hulk was down for weather then had a long wait even with express pass once it opened, so we skipped it and may go back later today.

The pool was still closed for the weather, apparently 45 is too cold to go swimming :roll_eyes:. So we went over to USF. We rode Minions, Jimmy Fallon, and transformers, found the Jaws shark, went to Bourne Stunt Spectacular then left for dinner.

Dinner was at Cowfish, we got there at 6, I had reservations for 6:30 but they seated us early. I highly recommend reservations, I’d made that reservation the night prior, since everyone was too tired to go the night we arrived, and when we left the line was at least 30 people deep to get in.

Today the plan is USF and anything we want to redo at IOA.

10 Likes

Beautiful sunrise today

And a frost advisory

9 Likes

Just keep in mind: it’s colder in Maine :wink:

1 Like

I’m struggling to see how that can be true, based on the photographs. (Is it the moustache? Would that not fit?)

I have a reservation there. You recommend it?

3 Likes

Agreed! What the heck! How disappointing that he couldn’t ride :cry:

2 Likes

I also wondered why he didn’t fit. Perhaps his height?

3 Likes

UR is notoriously big and tall unfriendly. If you aren’t shaped “right” and have a large chest or belly there are a lot of rides that are tight fits or no go’s for a lot of people.

2 Likes

But… it’s the Hulk… you’d think the seats would stretch like Banner’s purple pants

2 Likes

Their website only mentions the minimum height.
Surely in this enlightened age of information, they could post some signage:
“Not a moustache ride”

3 Likes

cowfish is great! I go every time I am in orlando. Good cocktails, too. Plus, you can sit outside :wink:

5 Likes

It mush have been. He fit on the tester for gringotts this morning then was told he couldn’t ride inside. Maybe the attendant was jealous of the stache??

We all liked Cowfish and my family is picky. DD 16 is a chicken nugget connoisseur and is still talking about how much she liked the bento box

6 Likes

It might be. It’s been a no go for him on Hagrids, Forbidden Journey, and Gringotts. He’s never had an issue at Disney (we’re going there tomorrow!)

4 Likes